Annie, I just came back to my computer and saw that part 2 was up. What great timing!

First off - Happy Birthday! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Second - Another great part! I loved the image of Lois skulking around the movie theatre, spying on Clark and Lana, and then frantically hiding when she'd made so much commotion that he was turning around to see what was going on. She's lucky that he didn't zoom in on her heartbeat... smile

And of course it's wonderful that this gave her the push to realize that indeed she has loved Clark all along and that she doesn't want to lose him to anyone, let alone Lana. eek And since she realizes this, that he did indeed mean his declaration of love to her that day in the park...
By the time she had made up her mind to tell Clark how she felt about him, he had taken back his declaration. He’d told her that he hadn’t meant it, that he’d only said it in an effort to keep her from marrying Lex.

She had been stunned, unable to say anything at the time. But later, when she’d had time to take it all in, she’d realized that he was lying. He had meant every word he’d said that day in the park. There could be no misinterpreting the sincerity in his voice or the anguish in his eyes. But he’d taken it back. She had no doubt that he was lying when he said he’d never loved her, but she was just as certain that he had closed the door on the possibility of a relationship with her. He had probably wanted to spare himself the pain and embarrassment of going through the same thing again, so he had convinced himself that it was for the best and that eventually he’d get over her. And now, apparently, he had.
...that means that Lois realizes Little Miss Two-Face is lying with her ridiculous claims that Clark has been carrying a torch for *her* all these years. And so now Lois is going to launch the full frontal assault. Hooray! Something in burgundy. Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing the look on Clark's face when Lois launches the offensive, but we're probably not going to have smooth sailing, at least not right away... frown

KathyM

"Our thoughts form the universe. They always matter." - Babylon 5