Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: AnnieM FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/15/03 09:22 PM
Well, for a long time now I've been saying that authors should *give* fic on their birthdays, not just receive, so here you go!

For my birthday, I would like...feedback! (Shocking, I know <G>)
Posted By: KathyM Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/15/03 09:41 PM
Annie, I just came back to my computer and saw that part 2 was up. What great timing!

First off - Happy Birthday! [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

Second - Another great part! I loved the image of Lois skulking around the movie theatre, spying on Clark and Lana, and then frantically hiding when she'd made so much commotion that he was turning around to see what was going on. She's lucky that he didn't zoom in on her heartbeat... smile

And of course it's wonderful that this gave her the push to realize that indeed she has loved Clark all along and that she doesn't want to lose him to anyone, let alone Lana. eek And since she realizes this, that he did indeed mean his declaration of love to her that day in the park...
By the time she had made up her mind to tell Clark how she felt about him, he had taken back his declaration. He’d told her that he hadn’t meant it, that he’d only said it in an effort to keep her from marrying Lex.

She had been stunned, unable to say anything at the time. But later, when she’d had time to take it all in, she’d realized that he was lying. He had meant every word he’d said that day in the park. There could be no misinterpreting the sincerity in his voice or the anguish in his eyes. But he’d taken it back. She had no doubt that he was lying when he said he’d never loved her, but she was just as certain that he had closed the door on the possibility of a relationship with her. He had probably wanted to spare himself the pain and embarrassment of going through the same thing again, so he had convinced himself that it was for the best and that eventually he’d get over her. And now, apparently, he had.
...that means that Lois realizes Little Miss Two-Face is lying with her ridiculous claims that Clark has been carrying a torch for *her* all these years. And so now Lois is going to launch the full frontal assault. Hooray! Something in burgundy. Oh, I'm looking forward to seeing the look on Clark's face when Lois launches the offensive, but we're probably not going to have smooth sailing, at least not right away... frown

KathyM
Annie,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY smile1
Posted By: Shadow Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/15/03 09:42 PM
Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you... goofy
Posted By: KathyB Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/15/03 10:12 PM
Happy Birthday, Annie!!

You know I'm loving this, but I just had to highlight a couple of my favorite lines:

She had no doubt that he was lying when he said he?d never loved her, but she was just as certain that he had closed the door on the possibility of a relationship with her. He had probably wanted to spare himself the pain and embarrassment of going through the same thing again, so he had convinced himself that it was for the best and that eventually he?d get over her. And now, apparently, he had.
I *adore* this. It just makes such perfect sense. Lois would have to be blind *and* deaf not to have figured out that Clark was telling the truth that day in the park, so the only question in my mind was why she accepted his explanation that he'd lied so readily. And this fits the bill in so many ways. Very nicely done!

She was Lois Lane. There was nothing she couldn?t do!
Yay!! There's our Lois! You get 'em, girlfriend! <g>

Kathy
Posted By: Gabriele Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/15/03 10:27 PM
Happy birthday, Annie!

Great part. I must confess that I enjoyed seeing Lois so miserable when she fears losing him. She certainly deserves it! She has so long taken Clark's friendship as self-evident.

Lana certainly teaches her something important when she admires him and respects his preferences:

Something pricked her conscience. Clark really had wanted to see that movie. He’d brought it up every time they’d discussed seeing a movie, yet somehow they’d managed to see three other movies instead. Even tonight, when she’d called, she’d been planning to drag him to see another movie. It wasn’t even a movie that she was dying to see. It just hadn’t occurred to her to ask Clark what movie he’d like to see.

Apparently it had occurred to Lana.
It will be fun to see Lois pursueing Clark. Hope she will turn another Mayson, though.
Posted By: Becki Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/15/03 10:29 PM
Happy Birthday, Annie!!!! smile1
Posted By: HatMan Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/15/03 11:10 PM
great part, annie.

love the chapter title. <g>

a lot of really good thoughts here...

lois really knows clark, doesn't she? (well, except for one little thing... wink )

sad about lana's choice of movies (that she went to a movie clark wanted rather than demanding one that she wanted), even if it doesn't really mean all that much.

her realization of how much she stood to lose was very well done, as was her realization that it would happen even if clark didn't end up with lana.

i'm glad she figured out that clark's declaration of love was real. too bad she thinks the offer expired.

i'm really glad to see she's chosen to fight for him, though. i've been hoping she'd do that. it seems like the best thing to do, but i was worried that she wouldn't think of it or wouldn't think it would work or something silly like that. so, go lois! <g>

great job. looking forward to seeing more of this. smile

oh. one more thing...

[Linked Image] annie! [Linked Image] [Linked Image] party

and for your bday...

a bottomless cup (sorry it's not blue) [Linked Image]

laugh

Paul
Posted By: Hazel Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/15/03 11:32 PM
If that makeover of Lois' does not include a haircut, Tank will never forgive you. goofy

Looking forward to MORE!

Hazel
Posted By: RetroRose Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 12:28 AM
Happy Birthday Annie!!! smile1 )
Posted By: rivka Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 01:00 AM
WOW! When I left for my class, this part had JUST been posted... I actually was halfway thru when the sitter showed up... and now there are already so many fdk posts! and they took so many of my favorite lines... but that's ok! I'll just repeat them! laugh

I'm so glad I'm not the only one who sings Happy Birthday to myself! [Linked Image]

Lana is answering the PHONE at Clark's now? [Linked Image] NO!!!

The diet soda would counter the calories in the popcorn and candy, she reasoned.
Wait, I know that diet!

The whole Lois-as-stalker scene had me rolling in the aisles!

She was losing him.

...How long would it be, realistically, before she lost him altogether?
Oh no... awww... [Linked Image]

&#8220;I love him. I'm in love with him.&#8221;
YES!!! [Linked Image]

She was Lois Lane. There was nothing she couldn't do!
That's right, Lois! And don't you forget it!! smile1
Posted By: daneel Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 01:31 AM
I don't like Lana razz razz

At least Mayson was in love with him... well a part of him :rolleyes:

She glanced at the clock and was surprised to see that it was already almost midnight. Too late to do anything else tonight, she reasoned. But she had all day tomorrow to work on her plan. She’d get up early spend all day shopping and preparing for Monday. That’s what she needed: a new outfit for her new plan. Maybe something in burgundy.
cool She's preparting for war! wave
That’s what she needed: a new outfit for her new plan. Maybe something in burgundy.
LOL. I can just see this - Lois with a mission laugh
Go get him girl!
Love this story.

Happy Birthday! smile1
HC
Posted By: Wendymr Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 04:22 AM
Happy birthday, Annie!!!! smile1
Posted By: TriciaW Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 05:44 AM
[Linked Image] Happy birthday, Annie! [Linked Image]

This is wonderful and also very funny. smile1

I love the image of Lois spying on Clark. goofy

I'm looking forward to seeing Lois go after Clark.

Tricia cool
Posted By: ChiefPam Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 06:43 AM
Happy Birthday to you, Annie! smile1

Something pricked her conscience. Clark really had wanted to see that movie. He’d brought it up every time they’d discussed seeing a movie, yet somehow they’d managed to see three other movies instead. Even tonight, when she’d called, she’d been planning to drag him to see another movie. It wasn’t even a movie that she was dying to see. It just hadn’t occurred to her to ask Clark what movie he’d like to see.

Apparently it had occurred to Lana.
I *love* this part. It helps show why Clark is falling for this, just a little -- it must be a nice change to have someone so interested in what he liked. It's all fake, of course, but he must not have noticed that part yet. And it shows Lois that she ought to be just a little less selfish.

Then again, how much Smallville news could there be? Jethro sold a cow. Maybelle had another baby. And they put a new coat of paint on the town church.
lol!

She had been stunned, unable to say anything at the time. But later, when she’d had time to take it all in, she’d realized that he was lying. He had meant every word he’d said that day in the park.
Ooh, smart Lois! whinging and all in one paragraph! Still, if she figured it all out, there'd be no angst and we'd miss the next three parts! <g>

She needed to show Clark that Lana wasn’t the right woman for him. She needed to make him see that Lana could never make him happy the way she could. They were partners, and she needed to make him see that their partnership should be extended to all aspects of their lives.
Woo-hoo! Now we're getting to the fun part!

Great story, Annie smile

PJ
Posted By: amciotola Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 08:27 AM
Hey Annie! Happy Birthdya!!!!

Great last two sections! Go Lois!! Clark's just too polite to know that Lana is playing him. But, I think Clark knew that Lois was in the theater. <G> Boy, to be a fly on the wall when they have *that* conversation.

Ya know, I think you deserve another Birthday present, so feel free to post part 3. laugh

thumbsup
Posted By: Trenna Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 10:28 AM
Happy Birthday Annie smile1 I wish you had one every month if we can expect stories like this!

Am also looking forward to Lois "chasing" Clark clap
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 10:32 AM
ROTFLMAO I loved this

"They had a lot to catch up on, she reasoned. It had been years since they’d seen each other. Then again, how much Smallville news could there be? Jethro sold a cow. Maybelle had another baby. And they put a new coat of paint on the town church."

Go Lois. Now I can't wait to find out if Clark new she was at the movies the whole time<g> Laura
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 11:54 AM
Hi,

Great part. grumble If Clark is not interest that woundn't work.

More soon, please. ASAP blush

MAF laugh

[Linked Image] Happy Birthday, Annie! [Linked Image]
Posted By: BarbP Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 12:01 PM
Happy Birthday Annie!

What's terrible about posting #20 is that everyone has highlighted all the wonderful things about this story.

I laughed and I cried and I cheered.

Laughed over the Smallville references, cried over the part when Lois was realizing what she would be losing and cheered when Lois said that there was nothing she couldn't do!!!!

Yay Lois and Yay Annie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Barb.
Posted By: RL Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 02:17 PM
I'll have to agree with BarbP. I'm not sure if I can add to whatever's already been said.

I'm looking forward to the next part! hyper
Posted By: doublel Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 02:32 PM
This is *so* the Lois from Season 2! I love it. Can't wait for more!!

doublel
Posted By: Gabriele Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 03:06 PM
Behind the potted plant, Lois continued to fume as the voiced faded out. Was he blind? Could not see that that woman was throwing herself at him? ‘Oh, Clark, you’re so wonderful.’ ‘Oh, Clark, you’re such a good cook.’ ‘Oh, Clark....’
Because we know Lana's intentions, I don't like these remarks, but otherwise Lois should take an example of these: after all, what's wrong to say complimets if you are sincere. Lois really should have said Clark all good things she thought about him.

As for Lois pursuing Clark, I have ideas: Lois would always need a date for some official ball.

Or what if they go to sing karaoke. Lois would probably sing Simply the best whereas Clark would sing Alice doesn't live here any more. But what would be the duet? Love me tender or Dancing in the dark?

And what about the concert of Pearl Jam they missed? Now is *at last* time describe that kind of first date. Lois gets up and starts dancing...Clark has no chance!
Posted By: merry Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 04:48 PM
Annie
first - Happy Birthday
Loved this - great part
ditto others
more soon please
merry
Posted By: Tank Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 06:44 PM
First off, Annie, I won't wish you a happy birthday. I don't acknowledge my own birthdays, so I can't see why anyone else would want to either. It just means that you're getting older.

Now, on to the story. Good instalment. Lois is locked and loaded for battle (well, she's in the planning stages at least). Of course her first course of action should be that makeover you hinted at. But it should be carefully plotted out, for the best effect. The idea of burgandy is good, because your Lois obviously knows that Clark likes burgandy. The next, and most important part is to make her (Lois) stand out from, and contrast Lana in every way she can. Lois is an intelligent, hard charging, driven and determined person who is gainfully employed at a job which she excells at. Lana is an idolent, conniving, opportunist who wouldn't know a W-4 form if her life depended on it. Also, Lana is a moderately attractive woman with long blonde hair. Lois is a beautiful, sexy woman who should show up with... (do I really have to say it? wink )

Let's get ready to rummmmmble! (sorry, that was a flashback to the days when I watched wrestling).

Tank (who thinks it would be hilarious if Clark was totally aware of everything both Lana and Lois were doing during this whole time, after all, he does have certain unfair advantages when it comes to finding out things)
Posted By: Blayne Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 06:52 PM
Happy Birthday Annie!
I'm going to keep this post short because 1.)I'm in a hurry and 2.) I think everthing I wanted to say about the story has already been said.
I think it's great that Lois finally decided that she's going to go after Clark and get rid of Lana! This part is great and I'm very impatiently waiting for the next part to be posted! laugh
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 07:05 PM
First things first: Happy Birthday!

Well, I could quote all the parts I loved about this, but I'd just end up with one long quote starting with "Chapter 3: We Have A Lot to Stalk About" and continuing non-stop through "Maybe something burgundy."

One thing I'll comment on is Lois' thought process in analyzing Clark's withdrawl of his declaration of love. I agree totally with Kathy's comments. I never liked how, in the show, Clark tells Lois he doesn't love her, and she just accepts that at face value. He is so obviously in love with her, not only do we know, but Perry knows, Jimmy knows, and according to Bobby Big-Mouth, just about everyone else knows. Clark himself tells Lois, "You must have known." You did a wonderful job of explaining why, if Lois knows Clark loves her, she doesn't challange him when he recants.

Well, what can I say that someone else hasn't said already? One thing I liked was that you did not have Lois make her cutting Smallville comments (very funny, BTW), and just leave it at that. I'm glad you had her recall all the pleasant memories from her trip to Smallville, ending with that hug in the pond.

I also liked Lois' realization that, if not Lana, someone else. No matter who, there'd be no more late night movies & a pizza with someone else's husband. Very poignant as she wonders how long it will take until she is just a name on a Christmas card list.

One small correction - in the section at the movies, there is a typo. The text says, "Clark was a great guy, but he was still and guy".

I'm glad you ended by giving us something to look forward to. Like Tank, I'm wondering if Clark is as oblivious to what is going on as Lois seems to think he is. I can't wait to see Lois in action!

- Vicki wave
Posted By: Supes1fan Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/16/03 08:01 PM
Alright Lois!!

Locked and loaded for Lana!! [Linked Image]

Go get her girlfriend!!

~Liz

PS. [Linked Image] Annie!!
Posted By: Saskia Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/17/03 02:52 AM
First, Happy slightly belated Birthday, Annie! party

Second, nice part. I can't wait to see what Lois comes up with beside new clothes.

Third, nothing more to add than what hasn't been said already, so ditto.

Fourth, where is part 3????????????? I want more to read now!

Saskia
Posted By: Anonymous Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/17/03 07:01 AM
Likewise here!

when's part 3 due? I can't wait to read more!

and, giving a fic for BDay is a great tradition...BTW, happy Birthday Annie! smile1
Posted By: Gabriele Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/17/03 02:08 PM
By the way, could Lois really hide her presence in the movie theater or did Clark hear and her heart beat?
Posted By: Gabriele Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/17/03 02:10 PM
Two days and Clark didn't feel the need to see Lois, that strange.
Maybe Clark has a new strategy?
Posted By: AnnieM Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/17/03 08:26 PM
Wow. Thanks again for the wonderful feedback (and for the birthday wishes!). I'm glad y'all enjoyed my birthday present to you. This is one of my favorite sections of the story; I had so much fun writing it.

I laughed and I cried and I cheered. Laughed over the Smallville references, cried over the part when Lois was realizing what she would be losing and cheered when Lois said that there was nothing she couldn't do!!!!

Well, I could quote all the parts I loved about this, but I'd just end up with one long quote starting with "Chapter 3: We Have A Lot to Stalk About" and continuing non-stop through "Maybe something burgundy."
Wow, thanks. smile smile

love the chapter title.

Your chapter titles are hilarious -- what a creative addition to a terrific story!!
Well, I'd love to take credit for this one, but I can't. When I showed a piece of this to Kaethel a couple of weeks ago, I was still struggling to find a title for the story, and she suggested "We Have A Lot to Stalk About." I was in stitches, but knew it wasn't appropriate for the whole story. But I just couldn't get it out of my head, so the idea of using chapter titles was born.

OMG Lana is answering his phone now?? Grrr, I hate her so much.

Ooh, that really frosts my cookies. What does she think she is all of a sudden, woman of the house (well apmt <g>)?

Lana is answering the PHONE at Clark's now? NO!!!
I told you she was evil. You can't say you weren't warned. <G>

i'm glad she figured out that clark's declaration of love was real. too bad she thinks the offer expired.
I'm glad everyone liked the Lois' little revelation that she knew Clark meant what he said, but didn't press the issue. I've always thought this was the only explanation. How could she have possibly doubted him that day at the park.

This is pathetic. Following around, thats depressing.
Well, I'm sorry you saw it that way. It certainly wasn't meant to be depressing. It was meant to be funny, at least until Lois realized what she could be losing.

As for Lois pursuing Clark, I have ideas:
Thanks for the suggestions, Gabriele. The story is actually already finished, so I can't really use them, but I hope you'll like what I came up with just as well. If it's not satisfying, you can always write your own version, and I'll be sure to read that. smile
Posted By: mariadferdez. Re: FDK: Desperately Seeking Clark 2/5 - 06/17/03 08:27 PM
Hi Gabriele,

Maybe Clark has a new strategy?
Assuming he know the truth.
Clark thinks everybody is good, he'll never think "good old friend Lana" play dirty trick like that.

MAF blush
PS
Where is the next part. mad
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards