Wheee! Marathon feedback time! (I'm a bit tired, though, so we'll see how far I get. drool

I mentally kick myself for my audacity. I have got to get a handle on this. What about Lana? Somewhere a voice in my head asks me, ‘But is she really the one?’
Who cares about Lana?! goofy

Lois looks like she’s about to object, but surprisingly she doesn’t. “Yeah, Clark’s probably right, Jimmy. I’ll call you later tonight to go over some of those test results from S.T.A.R. Labs, okay?” she smiles at him super-sweetly.

“Uh, sure, okay,” Jimmy says with a funny tone in his voice. Is there something going on here that I’m missing?
Ooh! Am I right in assuming that's Lois Code Speak for "Jimmy, bring your camera and meet me at EPRAD tonight"? wink

But on the important stuff... there has to be honesty. I’m not exactly sure Lex could be that honest with me.”

Her admission cuts me to the bone. I haven’t been totally honest with her. I’ve wanted her trust and now I would never have it. When she finds out about Lana, she’d never trust me again.
Ooh boy. Not to mention that flying bit, too. wink

“What happened?” I ask softly.

“One night, when he finally broke down my defenses completely, we...” she looks away from me before continuing, “...and the next morning I woke up and both he, and the story I was working on, were gone. I found out later when I came in to work that he had submitted it as his own.”
Hmm... I'm wondering if Lois would really open up this much without the threat of death hanging over her like in the series.

Before I even realize what I’m trying to convince myself of, I find my arm going around her, across her back, involuntarily. And much to both my delight and my dismay, I find her turning into my embrace and resting her head on my shoulder. I slide my other arm around her and fold her into my arms, holding her close.
Wheee! I can forgive that for the hug. *g*

What do you think she’s doing, my mind berates me.

Her mouth is mere inches from mine and her eyes are beginning to close. I find myself being pulled towards her. Yes, I want this. Her lips look so inviting; the sound of her hurried breathing so intoxicating.
Ooh! Do it!

I halt and open my eyes – not realizing I had even closed them. I look down into her trusting face. What did I allow to almost happen? I’ve taken this emotionally delicate woman into my hands and betrayed her trust, like others had done before me. I belong to someone else. I can’t allow this to continue any further.
Hmm... yeah, I was shamelessly cheering for the kiss, but I think it's almost too much too soon - as far as I'm not sure they'd both get to this point of almost kissing. I'll go with it for now, though. wink

“There’s something I need to tell you.”

The honking of a horn interrupts our conversation. It’s a limo.
D'oh! wallbash

Great, I get to put off my confession, yet again. I wanted so badly to come clean with her tonight. It would only get harder the longer I wait.
Well, you COULD break up with Lana, then there'd be nothing to tell. devil

Off to part 5...

Kerth nominations are opening on March 3!
🏆2024 Kerth Award Posts 🏆.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, the show, life, and more!

You can also find me on Tumblr and AO3.