Originally posted by Tzigone:
On a really side note, but still MOS, I did read a post today that made me think of something in a new light. I caught that the bully was Pete Ross, so I didn't think of it in these terms, because I know of him from the comics and Smallville. But it was pointed out that after Clark saved a bully, the bully became better towards Clark when others bullied him. It can work as Superman showing people the way to be better. He inspired the good in the bully. Not sure if it really works, since it's only Clark we saw him behave well towards, but it's a nice idea and fits well with Superman inspiring others.
I liked that about Pete's character too, but then he brags about what Clark did to Lois. So much for friendship. Although, there are many people out in the world who don't think when sudden fame thrusts them into the spotlight (i.e. a reporter asks them questions, they really shouldn't answer). I do like the Pete seems to like Clark more after knowing what he can do, not less, like Jonathan is afraid will happen. Pete is the antithesis of Jonathan's argument. Also, Lana seems more interested in Clark too after the bus accident. frown It would be nice if people like Clark for Clark *before* they knew he was a super powered being from another planet.

And I did notice originally that human beings got to do things in this film, got to be heroes, too. The military were essential in sending the Kryptonians back to the Phantom Zone (and Lois was too, of course). And on the oil rig - Superman didn't just carry them over to the helicopter, but instead the helicopter came to get the stranded workers. And wanted to get that "last guy", too. And our first "rescue" on earth was someone else trying to keep Clark from getting splattered, wasn't it? I liked that.
I liked this about the movie too. It's nice to see humans as less than helpless, just as its nice to see Lois doing more than just drooling at Superman.

I also liked the allusion to Speed, where Lois says basically what Sandra Bullock's character says to Keneau about relationships started under duress are doomed to failure, and Clark responds (basically), "Oh, that's only applicable when both are human." goofy It was a cheesy line, but it was my kind of cheese. thumbsup

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.