"Blinded by love" doesn't work for me on multiple levels. Caveat that I don't remember the actual speech from Wells at all. But I don't like the concept of that. Firstly, a love with so much root in deception isn't a good thing for me. Being blinded by love usually goes with loving someone unworthy and that blindness enabling very bad things to happen. Also, I don't think there was convincing love-at-first-site, so that Lois didn't see because she was in love doesn't make logical sense to me. If she'd known Clark for months and developed a trust with him or love for him, then Superman showed up on the scene, it'd work better for me, because then I could think she'd have more of a reason to think that she really knows Clark and not see Clark in this other person (or the reverse if Supes showed up first). But I've not known that to happen in any version of Superman. And lastly, I think seeing a person as they really are in their entirety and loving them for that is far more romantic than than being blinded by love. Give me clear sight any day - to see all the flaws and all the strengths and still love.

As I've said I love Lois knowing from the start. I like the trust and honesty from day one. It's a stronger foundation. And really like that we don't have to watch Lois making an absolute fool of herself chasing after Superman like a teenager with a celebrity crush while he's cool as cucumber. It opens the way for a much stronger, more substantial relationship than the one seen in the earlier movies (not to mention not having the massively unequal power dynamic). It also highlights her awesome investigatory skills.

On a psuedo side-note, I actually really kind of like how neither one of them really noticed the other when they met, because both were busy with the alien spacecraft. And then when Lois did notice him, it wasn't in a starstruck kind of way, and that was nice.

On a really side note, but still MOS, I did read a post today that made me think of something in a new light. I caught that the bully was Pete Ross, so I didn't think of it in these terms, because I know of him from the comics and Smallville. But it was pointed out that after Clark saved a bully, the bully became better towards Clark when others bullied him. It can work as Superman showing people the way to be better. He inspired the good in the bully. Not sure if it really works, since it's only Clark we saw him behave well towards, but it's a nice idea and fits well with Superman inspiring others.

And I did notice originally that human beings got to do things in this film, got to be heroes, too. The military were essential in sending the Kryptonians back to the Phantom Zone (and Lois was too, of course). And on the oil rig - Superman didn't just carry them over to the helicopter, but instead the helicopter came to get the stranded workers. And wanted to get that "last guy", too. And our first "rescue" on earth was someone else trying to keep Clark from getting splattered, wasn't it? I liked that.