I love your stories, Wendy. I keep saying you that. And specially the long ones, so I'm delighted to see a new one.

There was someone in her apartment.

Lois sat up in bed, her heart thumping.
Wow. Great start. You can build tension in your story from the first line. Very impressive.

“No, you’re going to spend the next day knowing that you’ve got only twenty-four hours to live. Better make up your mind quick how you want to spend your last day, reporter bitch - this time tomorrow it’ll be too late.”
That part made me think about a movie I saw once: "D.O.A." with Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan. A man was poisoned and had only 24 hours to live. He go to the police to lodge a complaint for murder and spend his last day trying to understand who poisonned him and why.

I think Lois could have the same type of reaction, and I will definitely follow her in the next parts. I want to know, too.

Clark or Superman?

The distinction didn’t matter tonight. He was going by the fastest route possible. Clark flew to the balcony and up into the night sky.
I'm glad he's not taking precautions about his identity when Lois is in danger. And I hope she'll find the truth during the day that might be her last one (actually, Wendy, I hope you're planning of find a way to let her live).

Did the staff have even the faintest idea how agonising it was just to be told to wait for news? Did they know what sort of things were going through his mind as he watched the clock ticking away the minutes? Did they know that every tick represented a minute of Lois’s life which could be ebbing away even as he sat here, useless? Did they know the images flashing before his eyes, of Lois on a trolley, not breathing, being worked over with a defibrillator? Lois, barely conscious, fighting for her life, calling his name, needing him with her and thinking that he didn’t care because he wasn’t there? Because he was stuck outside on this damned uncomfortable chair, watching a clock slowly count the minutes and the hours while he was just told to wait?
Great descriptions of the Clark's feelings. It's pretty hard to wait like that when you don't know how bad the things are going. I felt the same as him.

You get me hooked to your new story. And I'm joining the other to ask you when will be the next post. I'm impatient to read what's coming next.

I have the strong feeling that it's another new powerful story that begins here.