What if he knew he was going to die and there was a danger that if, for whatever reason, he let nature take its natural course, nefarious people would get hold of his body and use it for criminal activities? Might he elect to kill himself if he knew that by doing so, he could prevent his body getting into the wrong hands?
Like Tank said, that would be more of a sacrifice than suicide. And just the dumb, noble thing any Clark would be inclined to do. But that's very different from just 'rolling over and giving up'.

LabRat, I've been thinking about Clark using Kryptonite: but I have a hard time seeing Clark actively searching for a piece of space rubble (maybe robbing StarLabs), then lie beside the thing and experience a very slow, painful dead! I'm thinking about Luthor's green cage in HOL here: that was a lot of K! Imagine how long it would take Clark to finally die, using just one chunk.

Wouldn't there be a moment when he'd think: what am I doing?? A person might be depressed and wanting to end his life, but wouldn't he want to do it quickly ?

Ursie

Lois: Well, I like my quirks. I think they make me unique.
Clark: You certainly are unique.

Clark: You're high maintenance, you know that?
Lois: But I'm worth it!