I kind of liked that the Sam/Jack dimension was understated - it meant that you got some nice waffy/comic moments (that resignation/kiss from Jack in the time warp episode has to be one of my all time favourites ) without the high drama of 'boy gets girl, boy and girl break up, boy and girl might get back together again at some point') every five minutes.
Yeah, that's one of the things I really enjoy about the show. I wouldn't at all mind seeing them get closer, I just dread the "get together, break up, repeat" cycle that some TV writers are so fond of razz

And yeah, that time warp one is hilarious. And wouldn't it be funny to have Sam calling her boyfriend "sir"? goofy

Anyway, the other real draw of the show, to me, is the quality of the plots -- generally, they're very tightly written, and they are anything but cliched. They've got a huge mythology built up over 7 years, but they keep it all consistent. Plus it's funny! They remind me of first season L&C in the way they poke fun at themselves. Oh, and I'm very impressed at the way they consistently get the same actors back for recurring parts. This is a show that people care deeply about (they could almost be as obsessive as fans <g>), and it shows.

PJ

(Last night on Sci-Fi, we had a conspiracy theory nut tell Jack all about this system of Stargates, with wormholes, and galactic travel. Without missing a beat, Jack replies: "Sounds like a good idea for a TV show. If you're into that sort of thing.")

"You told me you weren't like other men," she said, shaking her head at him when the storm of laughter had passed.
He grinned at her - a goofy, Clark Kent kind of a grin. "I have a gift for understatement."
"You can say that again," she told him.
"I have a...."
"Oh, shut up."

--Stardust, Caroline K