“You see? That’s exactly what I thought, standing there in that cave, seeing the signs of skirmish and half-digested human remains. ‘This is a set-back,’ I said to Petal. Didn’t I. Petal? Of all the bad luck-”
What's Hank doing with the babble gene, when it's his wife who's the descendant? goofy
“What kind of life is that?”

"A real one!" Lois argued back. "People still married, still had kids, were still productive and happy. No one quit. No one gave up and declared it too scary, too hard to live."

"People rose to the occasion," Clark said slowly, reluctantly. "They adjusted."

"Yes," she said. "Yes, Clark. That isn't happening here. Utopia isn't real. It's a lie. They aren’t giving its citizens a chance."
YES! goofy And when he offered her that space, and she accepted it for what it was and "threw herself at him"... Happy, happy sigh. smile

I have a feeling, though, that there's going to be *some* kind of reset button. Either that, or they've moved through dimensions. Or something. Whatever the case may be, I'll wait for the Mistress to post the next two parts and see what she comes up with herself. smile

Hazel

Lois: You know the deal.
Clark: Superman gets the guys in capes, Lois and Clark get the guys in suits.

-- Action Comics 827