Truth is - more baby girls than boys are born alive.
I don't really believe that. In most Western countries, more boys than girls are born alive. Indeed, I know that in Sweden, about 105 boys are born for every 100 girls and that sex ratio has remained constant for at least a hundred years. Yes, I know that more boys are spontaneously aborted due to various defects, but that still doesn't change the fact that slightly more boys than girls are born alive in our part of the world. I'm almost certain that the same sex ratio can be found in most Western countries.

What I ask myself is, how likely is it that it might be sheer coincidence that thirteen out of fifteen newborn and abandoned or killed babies are girls, and only one is definitely a boy? (The sex of one baby was never disclosed.) What are the mathematical, statistical odds that this could be sheer coincidence, in view of the fact that slightly more boys than girls are in fact born alive in the West?

I find it just too improbable that this kind of sex ratio among the dead and "discarded" babies would be coincidence. And that is precisely why I always notice the gender of any baby that is found dead. However, I have to admit - there was a case in Denmark perhaps a year ago, when a baby boy was found. I think he was alive, and he was eventually adopted by a couple.

Ann