To clarify a few things:

Perhaps it would have been better had Dave not moved Ann's apology to fanfic related and thus it would be seen as being more connected to Ann's initial post rather than leaving Ann's comment here isolated?
I moved the thread, not Dave. (So don't blame him if you're not happy about it.)

I moved it because it was clearly related to a fic on these boards, and thus, in no uncertain terms, belonged in Fic Related.

I almost moved this thread when I first saw it, since it seemed like it was probably fic related, but it wasn't clear. It depends on what you think it's mainly about. If something can fit either way, I leave it where the original poster decided to put it.

I considered it again when I moved the second thread, but I like moving established threads even less, since that means more people are expecting it to be here. It's also even less clear what the thread is actually about at this point.

So... I compromised by posting the link here. Probably should have done that earlier.

It wasn't done to intentionally weaken Ann's position or whatever.

quote: Have to say, having now read the other posts I'm dismayed by the meanness running through many of them.

I agree. I thought this was supposed to be a folcdom just having a gay ol' time talking/reading/writing/vidding/whatevering about L&C. I see no point in arguing about this.
It has gotten harsher than I would like, but I have to admit that Ann has pressed this issue past the point of most people's patience more than once.

Saskia, as Admin moderator of this forum, are you closing it now?
Saskia is neither a boards admin nor one of the moderators of this forum.

I am a forum mod, and I, for one, don't like to close a thread without very good reason. Things seem to be settling down here, and there's even room for them to move in a more positive direction.

That's maybe a good idea, but hopefully we can all agree that we each have a right to express an opinion
Exactly.

Paul

When in doubt, think about penguins. It probably won't help, but at least it'll be fun.