As Clark walked down the hall towards the hospital elevators,
What’s he doing there?

“I could ask you the same question,” she said, using her finely tuned skills to evade the question.
Oh, he’s stalking her. He just not very good at staying hidden.

Clark took this to mean that he needed to think on his feet, because any second the focus of their now-joint investigation would come around the corner or out a door.
So, basically, they’re screwed?
LOIS: That was *inside* a hospital room.

“Well, this will be sure to put a damper on your television career,” Clark replied in what he considered his character of spurned lover.
Oooooh!

“What?” Lois gasped, her eyes widening in alarm. “What do you mean ‘blowing up the Daily Planet’?”
Placing explosives inside the building and setting up a detonation sequence so the structural integrity of the building would be severely compromised.

Thankfully, she was smarter than Luthor gave her credit for.
Well…to be fair, *Ralph* is smarter than Luthor gives a woman credit for.

“Smoke inhalation from being trapped in the elevator,” he answered,
Sounds like Harvard Business School did not prepare him for the real world.
CHIP: Hey, my time is much too expensive to be wasted on walking down stairs.

“I’ve just come from the morgue.” He had, but more to find out the identification of the Printing Department worker.
Wouldn’t it be awkward if that were actually HG Wells?

Some kid in the Printing Department set off a bomb, which caused the ink to catch fire and explode.
Kids these days… It’s with all that bomb-making instructions available on that bedangled net-thingy everybody is talking about these days.

This time, the shock on Lois’s face was anything but fake. “Growing what? Her what?”
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.