“…she’s gone undercover to prove that he was the one who tried to kill you…”
What Clark hears: [Linked Image]

As much as Clark wanted to blame Luthor for his hospitalization during Nightfall, it didn’t add up.
Funny thing about that, actually, considering part 156…

It sounded almost ironic enough for Tempus to enjoy the humor in it.
TEMPUS: Noob. Dying while you set the other guy up to die, now *that’s* ironic.

Clark’s brow furrowed. He looked down at Lois’s apartment and then quickly turned away in guilt when he discovered she was in the bathroom washing her face.
LEX: /awards failing grade in Peeping 101/

Unless she was mad because he hadn’t spoken to her about his investigation. On the other hand, wasn’t that exactly what she had done… or hadn’t done? And he wasn’t mad at her.
:rolleyes: He’s not really aware that there’s a double standard involved, is he?
CLARK: Can’t be. Otherwise, it would mean that Lois *has* standards and considering whom she’s shacking up with…

Actually, now that Clark tossed that idea around in his head a few more times, he realized he was mad. How dare she scream bloody murder that he had worked on an investigation without keeping her in the loop when she had done the same thing to him?
Because she’s got *two* X chromosomes.

Clark felt like punching something, he was so angry.
[Linked Image]

Balling up his fist, he struck it with a considerable effort. Not all of his strength, though, as he wasn’t sure what outcome would result from such a blow.
Umm… shouldn’t he, you know, go the other way after hitting the rock?

Knowing Lois, and he hated to admit that he didn’t know her as well as he had previously thought, she undoubtedly justified her secrecy because she still considered herself the senior partner.
LOIS: Duh!

“She finds out that the man she loves more than life itself was almost killed by her nutso stalker…”

Dismissing the first part as pure Cat embellishment,
Actually, she probably values her life less than a Pulitzter…

Lex Luthor was the Voyeur? He ground his teeth together. This information wasn’t very shocking or surprising, but…
It still means Lex is now about the receive his annual colonoscopy courtesy of Dr. El using the fine equipment provided by Lex-Corp for being placed in tiny, usually hidden from the eye places?

He closed his eyes, bracing himself for the sharp point of painful guilt this knowledge brought him. It seemed to slice through his lungs, making it feel as if he were drowning.
Someone’s powering a satellite with Kryptonite?

If Clark had only taken care of the problem last summer and not let it fall to the wayside as other stories pushed it out of the way, this, none of this would be plaguing them now.
Yes, if Clark had let the stalker fall to the wayside from 1000 feet up, they wouldn’t have these problems now.

Lois no longer trusted Superman.
Duh! That over-achieving nursemaid wouldn’t let me get a foot out of the door without wrapping me in bubble-wrappings.

He had hurt not only her feelings, but also her professional pride.
LOIS: Yep. I tried every trick in the book and he still wouldn’t sleep with me. mad

Would she ever forgive him?
They do say women forgive the father of their child for the labor of childbirth once they hold their bundle of joy in their arms. Provided the instigator of the entire thing is not out golfing with a cigar in his mouth. Or shacked up with his mistress – with a cigar in his mouth.

“Hey, man, thanks for offering to let me borrow your lunch box,” Jimmy said.
help

“In other words, it’s made for adults.”
Like the ‘Property of Superman’ panties they sell at Sara’s Secret?

“Adults don’t idolize Superman like this.”
LOIS: [Linked Image]

“If we could fly and rock the blue suit the way he does, can you imagine how many hot babes we could score?” Jimbo asked with a grin.
Not as many as one would think.

“Anyway, Superman is too smooth to use his powers to score with women, Jimbo.”
LOIS: Do you *have* to rub it in?

“CK and Lois, they one-timed? No. Get outta here. Since when?”
‘one-timed’ grumble
Dr. Klein: Once can be enough…

Jimmy shrugged. “As I said, it wasn’t public knowledge, but I saw them meeting up in the supply room a couple of times.
And here Lois thought they were being so sneaky…

On the other hand, perhaps that was her emergency, that Luthor had taken away her freedom. He could see Lois considering that a dire emergency. Typical Lois.
clap
LOIS: What? This is so much worse than dangling of a skyscraper facade.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.