As much as Clark wanted to blame Luthor for his hospitalization during Nightfall, it didn’t add up.
Only because Luthor lucked out in getting Clark hospitalized. On the other hand, Clark is in some ways lucky this happened, because it made it very unlikely that Luthor will suspect CK=SM.

Lois:Clark was not the only one who got lucky.

Firstly, it would require that somehow Luthor discovered who exactly Superman was.
Only if the exposure to Kryptonite was deliberate. Lex's agents could have had it in the boat for other reasons. It would help though if Clark remembered what had occurred.

Had Lois gone undercover and ruined Clark’s life on a gut feeling?
No, she has pretty strong evidence, at least that Luthor is corrupt. Also that he is obsessed with her and has a reason to try and knock off Clark.

Most importantly, why hadn’t she told him?
Clark, she hasn't told you anything.

If Lois had been investigating Luthor since Nightfall, why had she acted so surprised that Clark too was investigating Luthor’s activities?
Because she assumed Clark would tell her about that. Although she underestimated how much he had been worn down by her constant defending of Luthor, even after he shot her.

she undoubtedly justified her secrecy because she still considered herself the senior partner.
Nah, that would require her to admit she had a double-standard that needed to be justified.

the likelihood of any investigation seeing the light of day was as possible as a positive Superman report showing up on LNN.
But with Lois at LNN such a report might show up.

Dismissing the first part as pure Cat embellishment,
But that is not the type of embellishment Cat would engage in.

this, none of this would plaguing them now.
I think you want to say "would be plaguing".

She had known he was Superman and she still didn’t trust him with this information.
She was afraid he would act to save her.

Lois no longer trusted Superman.
And we have in many ways reached bottom. Clark may feel worse, but with this as his base thought, he has given up all hope.

Of course, she would argue that he had told Cat his secret…
And the Kents.

He could hear her voice inside his head as his mind imagined her logic, ‘How dare that liar presume that I would ever accept his proposal.’
But Clark, she didn't say never, just not today.

Lois sat on her bed, reading a file. She had her hair tied back in a makeshift ponytail and was wearing those flannel pajamas he had bought her when she had been recovering from her fiancée-inflicted bullet wound.
At least he remembers this is a gift he gave her. He should read the symbolism of it more.

She didn’t need an evening gown and a fancy hairstyle to make his heart skip a beat. She just needed to be… Lois.
OK, so maybe he has not given up hope yet.

He looked skeptically at the yellow lunchbox with flying Supermans covering it after he closed the lid.
I still don't think you can say "flying Supermans". You can not pluralize man by adding an s. OK, maybe I am just too stuck in the role of prescriptive grammarian. I would argue the technically correct term would be "images of Superman flying".

“They don’t make kid’s lunch boxes in that shape. Theirs are square. That one is just like the one construction workers use on TV,” Jimbo corrected,
Gripe at Jimbo and his over-reliance on TV.

“Adults don’t idolize Superman like this.”
Lois does, and she never seemed to be the only woman who was ready to jump in bed with him.

“If we could fly and rock the blue suit the way he does, can you imagine how many hot babes we could score?” Jimbo asked with a grin.
Clark:Not as many as Superman, because there is only one hot babe and you would still have no chance with her.

Lois:Good answer. See I have Clark trained well.

“CK and Lois, they one-timed? No. Get outta here. Since when?”
Jimbo you really don't get it do you.

thinking that’s who she wanted, because clearly he was interested in her.”
Jimbo is a bigger idiot than I thought. The very fact that Lois was holding out on Luthor should have told him that she did not want to be with him.

How could she live like that, knowing that Luthor was watching her every move?
She loves you more than you think Clark.

Clark groaned. At least, that hour and a half of waiting in the expedited line at the Department of Motor Vehicles the previous afternoon hadn’t been for nothing.
Yes, Clark got his driver's license. Now he can drive Lois's Jeep when they go on dates.

Lois moved away from the window, feeling confident that she had been able to communicate with Clark without Lex seeing.
But did she clearly communicate the need for him to stay?

He’d put all of us in danger, and the so-called hero was off meditating!
These people have really bought the coolaid.

They print twice daily and we’re only the air 24/7.
I think they would say "we're one the air".

Lois couldn’t help but grin. Wait until she and Clark scooped all the reporters at LNN on their beloved boss’s schemes.
She has to clue Clark in on what she is doing first.

“Excuse me, Ms. Lane!” It was the blonde copywriter. “Uh… Lois. Does this mean that Clark’s available?”
Lois: No, because he is mine.

“Are you kidding? Cat’s been floating on Cloud Nine since right after the hostage situation.
But her talking about him during Nightfall is a whole different story.

“Yeah, well, the boss is her fiancée, now, Sherlock,” the curly haired guy reminded his buddy.
Maybe it does pay to listen to Wally.

John Pack Lambert