mrsMxyzptlk: smile1
I like Phil. I hope he and Cat can talk and work things out.
cool

So Claude's dead, is he?
Lex discussed Mr. Claude back... way back in January 1994... let's see, what did he say again?

From Part 116 :
No, Lex believed that a combination of factors had led Ms. Lane to her current position of no sex before marriage. First would be how her father had treated her mother. Women were always overly sensitive regarding such matters. Secondly, would be her treatment under the hands of her first lover, Claude Lefluage. The incompetent man had been a colleague of Lois’s at the Daily Planet and, according to rumor, had seduced a drunken Ms. Lane to his bed, almost four years ago now.

Lex remembered Lefluage well. The man had used the prestige from earning a Meriwether Award on a story, about Congolese importers smuggling guns into Metropolis, to earn him a job at some French paper in Paris. Between interrupting Lex’s gun shipments from the Congo and taking away Ms. Lane’s innocence in such a cavalier manner, Lefluage had earned himself a grisly death in the catacombs under Paris in January. Lex smiled. Revenge was definitely a dessert worth served well chilled. Lex had enjoyed inflicting pain on the man, who had not only lost him quite a bit of money with that article but had cemented Lois’s stance on abstinence until marriage. Lefluage had been lucky that Lex hadn’t known the latter at the time, or the man’s death would have included being drawn and quartered.
My mistake. It was in March, when Lex remembered this passage while waiting for Lois to be bailed out after being arrested. No. Claude didn't survive. I thought it would be funny, if everyone kept saying what a bad reporter Wally was and how he jumps to these horrible conclusions, but the one time he's spot on (in accusing Luthor of killing that guy in Paris), nobody realizes he's right, even himself. wave Thanks for dropping by.
Go Phil!!! devilsplat
Hmmmm. [Linked Image] Either you don't see anything good coming of Phil and Cat's relationship, or Wally's about to meet a terrible end? Let's just say that Clark's not the only one about to reach #3 on the bad luck scale. [Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.