Lois hurried out of her bathroom and over to the living room phone as she tied shut her towel around her torso.
Spy-Cams: She’s mixing up the show smile1 /Elvis voice/ She loves me sooooo…

What did one wear for ‘a date with one’s stalker’ one was investigating?
[img]http://tinyurl.com/qjafh6r[/img]

and the two bouquets of orange roses sent to her on Friday
Oops? I think he got the message.

Either Lex had to go to jail or she would have to go into hiding, she really couldn’t see a third option.
/hands Lois card for Assassins’R’Us – now available in a CostMart near you/

The last thing she wanted to do was get closer to Lex, unless it meant at the end of the day that she would have access to his Kryptonite vault.
Does that mean she’d be willing to boink him until he’s asleep and she gets to sneak around in his penthouse?

And she meant literally by the end of the day.
Hmm…so, a nooner, then?

Lois had thought she had dissuaded him from pursuing her, but his ‘Love, Lex’ notes indicated he was still as obtuse as ever.
LEX: She’s just playing hard to get.

Better to scrub herself clean in the empty semi-public locker rooms showers at work than shower in full view of Lex’s cameras at home.
Yeah, that might be awkward to explain to him the next day. Although, why does she think that Lex hasn’t installed surveillance at the DP as well?

It might have been considered romantic or even seductive if another man had said those words to her instead, but sadly he had not.
RALPH: [Linked Image] [Linked Image]

“Shouldn’t you be resting? The doctor said no physical activity, remember?”
Well, there are some things she can do that don’t require him to move much of his body. Certainly not any injured parts.

How had he transitioned this date offer into a weekend?
By sending her 48 red roses, and considering a single red rose corresponds to one hour of companionship…

Would he retaliate against the Daily Planet if it came between him and what he wanted… her?
Ooooh!
LEX: [Linked Image]

“I’m not other men,” Lex had said, this time brushing his body up against her backside to whisper in her ear.
Oh dear. He’s travelling dangerously close to the edge, isn’t he?

“I deserve better than that.”
Translation: I won’t put out until I have a ring on my finger.

with the move her sensei called the Lane Pickle Dicer. She wasn’t quite sure why he had named it that, but that was what the instructors called the move when it was taught in her dojo’s advanced personal defense class.
[Linked Image]

It didn’t matter what planet a man came from, subtlety was completely lost on them.
[Linked Image]

Last night, she had chosen a black dress similar to the one she had worn the night of the unattended opera, only with a longer skirt and buttons up to the neck.
[img]http://tinyurl.com/qxeedyk[/img]

perhaps you could connect it with my rescuing you from a fate worse than death.”
Countless callgirls now driving cadilacs: [Linked Image] His money was hard earned, but now we’re set for live.

Great. Lex wanted her to associate red roses with a man protecting her from doing her job and taking care of herself, instead of his buying her as if she were a prostitute.
Poor chap can’t catch a break, can he?

“Of course,” Lois returned. “Are you saying that one of us should have more power in our friendship than the other?”
LEX: It’s not really a matter of should or can…

Would a billboard across the street from Lex Tower do the trick, she wondered.
LEX: Niiiiigeeeeel! Go and find which rich schmuck she’s sleeping with and have him killed.

Lois hated surprises, especially from creepy rich men who copied her apartment in their underground bunkers.
CRGs: But it’s a thing. Like belonging to a book club and getting the book of the month.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.