“It was pouring down rain, the sea wall had been breached, and Metropolis was flooding. You and I were trying to escape via helicopter as the ocean reclaimed downtown.
This has to be the worst way to not make Lex want her more.

He took hold of her hand and brought it to his lips. “We’ll drive.”
Lex really does go for arrogance if he would rather take a helicopter. Maybe it is a little faster, but having had to drive from her place, I can't imagine it is much faster.

For a reason, that Lois didn’t quite understand, it always sent chills down her spine.
Is this the result of some memory from her visions?

take her down to his bunker and she would never see daylight or Clark again.
Maybe she should tell someone about the bunker.

“This is my airplane,” Lex responded. “Fastest of the private planes out there.”
Not nearly as fast as my own private, personal plane.

“Oh, God. Is that what kind of woman you think I am?”
He was willing to pay Toni Taylor so he could use her sexually.

Did he really believe when a woman told him ‘no’ she really meant ‘yes’? Wasn’t that myth debunked in the 1980s?
Lex is still a man of the 1970s, if not earlier.

Lex couldn’t be serious.
Yes he is. He thinks all women are shallow.

“I promise you that I had no plans to seduce you tonight. If you allow me to bring you onto the plane, I’ll show you that there is no bed,” he went on,
Which just goes to show how little he actually listened to her. She explicitly said she could not go that long without sleep.

“I would like to show you the world, Lois, which would be difficult if you aren’t allowed to leave the city. It’s that simple.” He took another sip of his champagne.
So even getting her pardoned is all about what he wants.

“The only thing you need to know about me is that I love you,” Lex repeated.
Lois:What kind of a love is it when you stalk me, ignore my wishes and buy me?

Marriage wouldn’t mean that she would have to give up her career;
And she expects Lex to buy this view. He is a man of the 1850s, specifically 1850s South Carolina. He would consider himself of a station that his wife should not have to do anything. That he would have slaves run the household for her.

He nodded, contemplating her suggestion before speaking, “I started with nothing. I was orphaned at the age thirteen.
Probably self-induced.

“There are only three possible choices: Yes. No. Maybe,” Lex said.
Hogwash. There is also "no, you are insane, I never want to see you again" and also "I am not even going to dignify such a stupid, unprepared for request with an answer."

“Hi, Lois. It’s Clark,” the most wonderful voice in the universe said in his usual upbeat tone.
party party they are talking.

John Pack Lambert