“You’ll see, all these so-called ‘missing people’ will be found again, soon enough.”
Like Jimmy Hoffa…

Dr. Brenda Muldoon didn’t sound like the type to continue hiding in a basement after the all clear had been announced.
I’m sure she’s getting out of there once she’s no longer viable as a consort and her mind goes from the pills and alcohol.

Clark chuckled at this corny joke. Bill Henderson would regret the suggestion. “If you notice anything out of the ordinary, Frank, I’d appreciate a head’s up.”
He spent too much time with Lois.

Clark laughed. Even though the policeman always acted otherwise, Clark believed he had a soft spot for a certain set of journalists.
Cesspit, where he dumps people like Ralph when they misquote him?

Lois marched back into the newsroom some ten minutes later. It appeared as if she was still in her bitter mood. Without saying a word, she unplugged Clark’s electronic pencil sharpener and took it to her desk.
/smells rat/

“I’ve been in the supply closet for the last fifteen minutes searching for pre-sharpened pencils, Clark, but for some reason, we seem to be out,” she growled, setting up the machine and plugging it into her surge protector.
Oh?

Ooops.
Wait, he really did orchestrate the nookie?

Lois shrugged. “He may. You know sources, Clark, you’ve got to keep them happy or they may dry up.”
They have a word for that.
LINDA: Professional journalism.

He didn’t want her within a half-mile of the man.
Well, he *could* put Lex into low Earth orbit. Okay, it would be more than half-a-mile away from Lois, but I’m sure Clark wouldn’t mind that all too much.

He wanted to take her and shake some sense into her, but in his current mood, it wouldn’t do either of them any good.
Lois’s head would pop off like a Mr.Bubblehead?

Wasn’t that what Cat had told him that every woman wanted?
LOIS: Thanks, but I don’t like ‘em used.

“Anyway, do you think he’s some octopus?”
LEX: Well, I have four limbs, plus my bed as a chain affixed to each post, so that means I have eight options with which to fixate her. Just like an octopus.

“Promise me that you’ll call him that to his face if he lays one finger on you,” he insisted,
What if he puts a hand inside her mouth?

“I have a black belt in Taekwondo, Clark, if you haven’t forgotten,” she snapped. “I can take care of myself.”
MLT once explained extensively why that won’t help if you eat dinner first. Or have a drink with your host.

Her heart rate increased, and she slammed him against the wall by the force of her kiss.
eek

She wrapped her legs around him, pulling him closer, allowing his hands to trail up her bare thighs.
help

No! Lois groaned with every fiber of her being. Anyone but her.
Oooooh! Her ex from college is in town :p Come to think of it, Lois does have a track record of being ‘friendly’ with people she works with and then getting her story stolen by them.

wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.