-- Continuation of Response to John's FDK --
I hope he is sufficiently reassured. On the other hand, she has not directly addressed the issue of meeting with Luthor with Clark before.
LOIS: I shouldn't have to explain my actions. He needs to trust me more.

So sticking up for himself would equal pouting?
In this scenario, pretty much... since he *was* pouting.

Well, I guess this is true from a certain point of view, but I doubt Clark would agree "that's all" if he knew everything that Lois was plotting.
LOIS: That's my story, and I'm sticking with it. If he knew "all", I would hope he'd understand how difficult this is for me.

Clark really should not know what that means, so Lois should protest, so Clark should start to wonder why she does not react with a "how do you know about that" here.
He didn't SAY that Superman would rescue her, he thought it. All Lois is hearing (or would be hearing if she didn't know the truth) is that she shouldn't be afraid to tell Lex what she really thinks of him.

Hopefully Clark will actually hear her this time.
He hears it, but doesn't necessarily believe it.

She nudged his shoulder with her fist. “You’d miss me less if you didn’t disregard the crumbs I keep leaving for you.”
What does she mean by this?
That he should have come to the supply closet.

This might undermine his ability to answer truthfully about having "illicit relations" with Lois Lane in an SLV case. I have to say Clark really lucked out there that they did not ask SM point blank "did you have sex with Lois Lane", but used the word "illicit".
Actually, in S4's PvsLL, they do ask SM directly if he loves Lois, while on the stand no less, and he never answered the question.

Who she can't even try to kiss without wretching.
LOIS: Hello! Not kissing Lex. help

You know Lois should wonder more about why he decided to steal the identitiy of a child who had been dead for over 20 years. Would it not have made more sense to take the identity of someone who died in a crash, or at sea, recently? On the other hand, since Clark Kent died so young, there was really no identitity to steal. Lois should maybe wonder more about that.
Often is children who have lived long enough to establish an identity but who have their identities stolen, so that the thief can make their past into anything they want and not worry about running into anyone else who might have known the victim beforehand.

Now see what he should have done was made short appearences in strategic other locations first to build a portfolio.

Clark:But it was so easy to get a job in my dimension.
Pretty much. Also, he wanted to get to the DP and Lois Lane and his new life as soon as possible.

But if he had had a job she would have rejected him as an out-of-bounds co-worker.
LOIS: Details. Details.

I am pretty sure this second guess is the right one.
I don't think I've ever seen a fic where the events surrounding the Prometheus remain the same, but Clark is able to save Lois without creating a hero in the process.

Lois now knows this is almost certain to have been Luthor. She has enough to see Luthor is using her as a pawn, if she will just analize it.
She's used to referring to this person as "someone" as opposed to Lex. When she gets proof (hard facts, people!) that Lex was behind it, her thoughts will change.

At least she recognizes that this confused Clark, even if not seeing fully why.
She's only just thinking about this from Clark's POV.

I guess she is no longer draeaming of her past lives.
Not here, no. These trees are the ones when he took up to the mountain to tell her about the cameras and microphones in her apartment.

So much for her staying mad at Clark.
It's another one of his super powers. It's impossible for people to stay mad at him forever.

CLARK: <<shrugs adorably>>

That would have made the story a lot shorter.
Different, not necessarily shorter.

If he could he would know she knew he was CK, so I think she should assume no.
clap

Wait, they have extremely high research turnover.
I would say so. It's a lot of grunt work, with little pay, and almost no recognition.

I had no clue who this might be until I read through the comments. I noticed someone mentioned Linda King, and I think it might be her.
So, that's three votes for Linda.

LINDA: And Lois thinks SHE'S so popular. Ha!

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.