John: Thank you again for the long FDK. smile1

Well, that is the way Luthor gets away with things, no one investigating.
Clark and Cat are.

When Lois decides to try sneaking down to the bunker.
LOIS: Personally, I think one trip down there was enough for me.

Now he is thinking of of himself in the 3rd person. Hmm, he is also thinking of "clark Kent" as a mask.
Clark shouldn't know how Superman feels about such things, so in some ways CK is a mask as much as SM is. He really isn't a whole person, except around those who know (and he knows) the truth.

If it was not for the super corny jokes I do not know if the intensity of this part would have been surviviable.
Oh, was this part intense? I'm working to find the humor during these dark times. Be patient with me.

Clark:She is only my partner, we don't spend enough time together.
Actually, they haven't even been spending enough time together recently to be partners.

She's waiting for you in the supply closet you lunkhead.
clap

I think that should be "Without a word", or "without saying a word". You need another word there.
Oh, does it? Thanks. Fixed.

Then why did he not follow up on it?
He was distracted by his conversation with Henderson.

Can't Clark hear the other end of the line, so if it is his perspective shouldn't we hear both sides of the conversation.
Clark usually doesn't try to eavesdrop on all of Lois's conversations. You'll notice that by the middle of the conversation, he IS listening in.

Is she trying to make Clark feel horrible?
LOIS: Well, slapping his face for letting me hang out in the supply closet for all that time, is out of the question. Anyway, there is no way for her to avoid Clark from overhearing. He should trust that I love him, and wouldn't cheat on him with Lex.

She should have been more upfront about this.
LOIS: You mean like he was upfront with me about his dual-personality?

Clark:I don't have romantic dinner dates with my sources.
LOIS: Trust me, I'd rather eat dinner with you. Dinner with Lex is two hours of trying not to hurl.

Clark:And what exactly do you do to keep Luthor happy?
LOIS: [Linked Image] What exactly are you implying, there, Kent?

Even though Clark has some level of split personallity, talking about himself in the third person, I think you meant "he could stop them".
rotflol Ooopps. Fixed.

See, I knew being friends with Cat was a bad idea.
LOIS: Okay, Chuck, that's the very last time I'll let you taking your knowledge of Cat and applying it to me. The VERY last time. I'll forgive you this time, but don't let it happen again. You don't want me to apply my knowledge of Claude and assume you'd do the same thing, now do you?

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.