"You know sources, Clark, you’ve got to keep them happy or they may dry up."
Clark: Um... just how happy are you trying to keep Lex?

Lois is all over the place in this chapter. I like her reasoning about Clark's motivations. Some of what she's deduced is right, though for the wrong reasons. He did get a job at the Daily Planet to be close to her, after all.

Lois heard Clark clear his throat and she glanced over her shoulder at him. He looked the same as before, but he appeared a bit more uncomfortable. Could Superman read minds? Oh, goodness! She hoped not. An evil grin spread over her lips. Actually, maybe she did.
I'm thinking that Lois was sub-consciously moaning quietly as she recalled her steamy dreams, and Clark couldn't handle hearing that.

A sense of empowerment washed over Lois. Superman was invulnerable to everything, but Kryptonite… and her.
I love these two sentences. This sums up Lois Lane from Action Comics #1 on. Superman is the most powerful man on the planet, but Lois can turn him to goo with just a seductive look.

My guess for who the "Anyone but her" is is Linda King. It's about that far into the story, right? And the paper is having circulation problems.

"It is a remarkable dichotomy. In many ways, Clark is the most human of us all. Then...he shoots fire from the skies, and it is difficult not to think of him as a god. And how fortunate we all are that it does not occur to him." -Batman (in Superman/Batman #3 by Jeph Loeb)