John: Thanks for the FDK. I know this was a slow part with lots of background, but it needed to be established now during this lull so we wouldn't have to interrupt the rest of this story arc explaining what Cat knows.

Wait, I though Lois was an expert at forcing locks open. Did I miss something, or is Clark's door better locked than I think?
My belief is that a deadbolt it a harder lock to pick than what canon Clark had on his door. Talking to Floyd to find out if Wolfe questioned him and getting the key, kills two birds with one stone.

I guess it is worth operating on hope, even when you don't really believe it.
It would be kind of embarrassing to barge into Clark's apartment with him inside. Always best to check first that he isn't home.

So much for not telling people about their relationship.
Actually, it was Floyd's assumption which Clark didn't disagree with. Floyd said, "I thought she wasn't your girlfriend" and Clark answered, "Times change".

The police seem to all be determined to thwart Lois' search.
Well, I wouldn't say "thwart" more like leave her alone to do it herself.

Has he given up so much hope that he destroyed it because it mocked his crushed desires?
Good question.

This is probably as close to sleeping with Clark in her arms that she will ever get.
Oh?

LOIS: [Linked Image] What?!

Well, since they are not officilly his parents, I would not blame her for this oversight.
Still they are the only "family" he has.

I guess she has not really spoken with Lois enough to be sure in recognizing her voice. However, what other women would be in Clark's apartment?
Well, it's better that she guessed Lois instead of another woman's name, right?

It also shows how much she has moved beyond her initial uncertainty while in Smallville that she firmly thinks of him as Clark.
LOIS: He just doesn't feel like a Jerome.

This phrse will bring reassurance to Martha, which in turn will bring confusion to Lois.
hyper

This has probably been the first Clark-free segment, but I guess I can't really complain, because they talked about him most of the time. I was hoping Lois would have found him by the end of this segment, but I guess it was not meant to be.
Sorry, Clark was asleep during most of this segment. More on him in 87.

Well, I hope Lois and Cat find him pretty soon.
[Linked Image]

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.