Apparently, Wolfe locked up Clark’s apartment after he had briefly looked around and saw nothing out of the ordinary, besides Clark’s winter coat and scarf discarded outside his wide open door and the message about his safety deposit box on the answering machine. Now, she couldn’t get in.
Wait, I though Lois was an expert at forcing locks open. Did I miss something, or is Clark's door better locked than I think?

She tried knocking, hoping that Clark had returned between Lois leaving her apartment and arriving here.
I guess it is worth operating on hope, even when you don't really believe it.

She went down and spoke to Floyd, who recognizing her as “Clark’s girlfriend”
So much for not telling people about their relationship.

and hearing the story about Clark’s abduction, willingly let her inside. Detective Wolfe so disbelieved Lois’s kidnapping theory that he didn’t even check with Clark’s neighbors or landlord.
The police seem to all be determined to thwart Lois' search.

It had just struck her that during her search, she hadn’t found Clark’s lava lamp.
Has he given up so much hope that he destroyed it because it mocked his crushed desires?

she closed her eyes and imagined it was Clark lying there in her arms.
This is probably as close to sleeping with Clark in her arms that she will ever get.

Lois’s chest filled with remorse. She hadn’t even thought to call Martha and Jonathan.
Well, since they are not officilly his parents, I would not blame her for this oversight.

There was a pause, before Martha guessed, “Lois?”

“Uh-huh.”
I guess she has not really spoken with Lois enough to be sure in recognizing her voice. However, what other women would be in Clark's apartment?

It still sounded weird to hear Clark referred to by his middle name.
It also shows how much she has moved beyond her initial uncertainty while in Smallville that she firmly thinks of him as Clark.

He called me last night and said that he was on the way over,
This phrse will bring reassurance to Martha, which in turn will bring confusion to Lois.

Well, that’s good to hear.
I am gald Lois is encoraged that Clark speaks of their upcoming date.

Martha paused again before speaking. “I’m sure he’s fine, sweetie.
I think she underestimates the threat from kryptonite. OK, maybe I am biased since I know that he was exposed to it, but it still seems that since she has seen what it can do, she should be internalizing the threat. Although, I guess they do not know that there is more of the stuff out there.

This remark also seemed off, because most of the time they had been in Smallville, Clark had not been able to take care of himself in any way, shape, or form.
This view seems to suggest that Clark has been to Smallville more than Lois realizes. That incident is not in the forefront of Martha's mind when she thinks of Clark. Of course, if Lois realized CK=SM, she might understand Martha's thought process here a lot better.

Lois’s brow furrowed. Why would that ease her mind? It was after he called that he disappeared.
Not from Martha's point of view.

“He was supposed to call us when he got in last night, but he must have forgotten,” Clark’s semi-adoptive mother continued.
Well, reaching Lois was his top priority, and then he was kidnapped. Hopefully Lois will realize this means something unforseen happened to him. Although since she already told Martha she thinks he was abducted, it is not like she needs more clues to point to that conclusion.

Martha chuckled. “I’m glad he has you. It will even out the sexes for the next holiday.”
Martha seems to specialize at making sneaky invites that you can't really turn down.

John Pack Lambert