Everyone else thought it was too soon to panic.
But no one else understands how much he wants to be with her, so she is probably right in ignoring them.

Not everyone else was standing next to Clark when Trask had shot him.
This is a good point.

When she bent over to retrieve it, she saw some curved scratches, or drag marks, on the painted cement. They were faint, but were still there. She wondered what caused them. Her fingers followed the scratch marks away from the bed and towards Clark’s armoire.
Are these from his moving the armoire to get his Supersuits?

Lois didn’t seem slightly fazed in the least that her lover, Kent, was missing.[Quote]

This just goes to show that Luthor does not understand Lois at all. I guess since he views her more as a trophy than a person, this is not surprising. She is clearly effected by Clark not being around, and also, he is not her lover.

Lois:You just had to rub that in, didn't you.

[Quote]Missing and, thankfully, dead.
He is also wrong on this point.

Had she even noticed Kent was missing?
So long ago that she has already done one intensive search for him.

She’d probably think that he ran off.
No, Luthor's agents did the kidnapping in a way that no one will suspect that.

The connection between them must not have been as strong as Lex had presumed.
Hah! No, it is just Luthor is not very aware of what is going on.

“Dr. Martin Solsvig
I knew I recognized this name. It took me a second reading to even have a clue where from. Wasn't he the astronomer that Bob Fences was working with who Fences killed when Solsvig figured out what Fences was really going on?

“Good work, Nigel,” Lex said. “See to it that Miss Lane is invited to our little party, and let’s make sure that she has all the comforts of home.”
I am hoping she does not even try to join him. I have my doubts about Luthor letting her go if she goes there. I am also worried that Superman will not be well in time to stop the astroid. I do hope he gets well in time, but I have my fears.

“Is that why we haven’t heard from Superman?” Lois asked Professor Daitch, knowing that Superman would never have left her in the dark about his wellbeing.
Well, technically he didn't. Although no one has yet bothered to tell Lois this. I understand why Martha didn't, but still.

If there had been a way to contact her, he would have,
And he did.

“Are you looking for Superman?” Clark’s voice rang out clear as a bell next to her.

Lois turned to face him and saw that he wasn’t there.
I have to admit that I find the way Lois hears these things awfully strange. Although I guess it is inherently strange that she has lived this life three times, and even stranger that she remained in the past when Tempus cancelled out the motivation for them to have gone to the past. So this should just be a minor oddity. Still, why does she only notice the changes from how things are some of the time?

Apparently, nobody had heard Clark, but her.
Well since even she realizes he is not really there, this should not be too surprising.

A chill went down her spine as she realized he was supposed to be there.
The MDP are not living up to paying attention to unidentified people they pick up.

She didn’t care what Perry said. She didn’t care what anyone said. She wasn’t going to let that section of the asteroid hit Earth without having found her partner first.
Showing again just how wrong Luthor is about what is happening.

She had been fantasizing about him non-stop for weeks, only to have reality hit her in the face. She had had sex with a married man.
At first I thought maybe Cat had learned more, but then I realized she is still assuming.

How could he have done this to her?
Actually I am shocked that Cat has managed to avoid relationships with married men before. In fact, the more I think about it, the harder it is to believe.

He must have stayed the night, because he hadn’t picked up the couple of times she had called.
Cat seems to be excelling at making assumptions.

but couldn’t he have first reassured everyone else on Earth that life, as they knew it, wasn’t going to be destroyed in three days?
I can see why Clark had come to think he should have reported to EPRAD first. However, since he had no clue that Luthor would try to kidnap him, and even less clue that there was Kryptonite in the water, his actions probably made the mot sense.

Cat loved him as her one and only true friend,
I almost feel sad for Cat with this line.

Being the one who loved more was a hard position to play.
Although that is clearly not his position anymore. Lois thinks knows he is the one putting on the breaks, but only one person in this dimension understands why, and that person does not believe it. Well, in this dimension and time, since Wells is here somewhere, sortof, maybe.

Apparently, when he arrived on Earth, Superman had stolen the identity of a dead infant from the late 1960s in Kansas, who would now be roughly the same age, or the age that Clark appeared, which was where the name “Clark Kent” had come from.
Cat is wrong on multiple levels. The most telling is that Clark had no clue there was any Clark Kent at any level for him to steal the identity of.

While in Smallville, Lois had stumbled across the grave, put two chocolate bars and two chocolate bars together, and realized Clark Kent wasn’t the real Clark Kent.
The catch is she would have been mad even if she had not found the grave. Clark had no real, provable past either way.

Instead of telling Lois the truth, Clark had lied to her and lied badly, if she knew her friend. That man would never learn.
Clark:I tried to tell her the truth, but she did not believe me.

He was such an idiot when it came to women.
He could have told her the truth on the flight she took with Superman, but he wimped out. So I have to mainly agree with Cat here.

On the other hand, I have to say that Cat does not understand Clark at all. She is at some level more wrong than Lois is about Clark and Superman.

Cat:What? I know Clark is Superman, lois doesn't. Thus I know more, end of story.

Reader:But Lois understands that Clark has a past. She realizes that Clark's parents were killed when he was a child. She realizes that he came here from a place that was no longer livable. She knows that Clark is a real person, who wants to fit in with other people and has real feelings. True, she does not know he was first born on a totally alien planet, but her theory he was raised in Italy is closet to the truth than Cat's that he was raised on Krypton.

Lois was stupid when it came to men, given, but Cat just hadn’t realized how much so. Why would Lois have given up a promising relationship with a hotty, like Clark, who thought she was the end-all be-all of women, just because of one… maybe two… white lies?
At some level I have to admit I don't fully understand this. I think it has a lot to do with Lois having had an untrustworthy father. On the other hand, considering where Lois and Clark are now, without Clark having really moved beyond his alleged lies at all, it seems Lois was not able to really move beyond Clark.

Well, if there was one good outcome from Nightfall that, at least, would be it.
It might be, in a round about way, but not yet.

It must have been kismet that the mother of the dead infant whose identity he stole, would end up calling the Daily Planet, looking for a way to contact Superman.
I doubt it counts as Kismet, since they only called the planet at all because Clark had already established a relationship with them.

‘The universe was trying to tell him something,’ Clark had said. He thought it meant that he should become friends with the childless couple.
He had already done that. Of course, Cat does not really understand what his realtionship is with them. This is in large part because she has no clue who the child who died was.

Cat doubted he would get the latter from Lois… but, at least, he was getting something now.
Not unless the hospital has really funky staff.

Kryptonite, not only caused him pain and temporarily took away his abilities, but also was the one thing out there that could kill him.
It may yet prove useful that Cat knowns about Kryptonite.

Then, before the holidays hit, Clark’s sadness had taken a turn for the worst.
So she was able to see the results of Clark's meeting with Wells in which he learned he might have to leave this world.

Cat hoped entrapping them in a mistletoe kiss at her family’s Christmas Eve party had been partially to blame.
So they did kiss on Christmas Eve?

True, by the time Clark had returned from capturing those jewelry store thieves,
How did he explain this abscence to Lois?

Of course, Clark wouldn’t kiss Lois on the lips with her smelling like summer break on the Jersey shore. At least, Cat had tried.
Or was it because of her rule about not kissing her lips without her permission, and figuring a totally inebriated Lois could not really give permission.

It surprised Cat little that when sprayed with the love perfume Lois had gone after Clark. Hell, Cat was surprised more women didn’t.
Actually it is very surpsing that things did not degenerate into a total brawl.

Clark had tried to tell Cat that he and Lois would only, could only, be good friends after what happened between them because of Revenge. Cat didn’t buy it.
Wise, since that was not the real reason Clark took this position at all.

Of course, he didn’t share those juicy details with Cat.
Very, very wise on his part. Although I wonder if hinting at their existence might have been too much.

Even before she was sprayed, Lois was giving Clark the ‘I want to be more than friends’ vibe. Come on. It had been obvious to Cat. “Clarkie” clearly needed a new prescription for those glasses of his.
Maybe he was unwise in resisting her.

Clark:But if I hadn't, she would have died.

Reader:We are lucky you don't remember that quite possibly false detail.

The undercover assignment at the Lexor Hotel was just what those two needed finally to cut through the sexual tension.
Lois:I don't think we removed the sexual tension.

Maybe Clark’s disappearance had to do with a story he had been working on without her.
At some level this is true. Not as direct cause, but it as a relationship. His disappearnce is a result of Luthor, and he is investigationg Luthor without her knowning. Of course, his investigation is not really the cause of his disapparence.

“Not since last night,” Lois said, plopping herself back into her seat. “I had hoped that maybe, maybe he had gone over to your place, when he couldn’t find me at mine, but...”
Lois:OK, I really did not hope that at all, but it was a wild chance.

“Clark called you last night?” Cat repeated back to her, before her jaw fell open with surprise. “Really? Truly? He made it back?”
Another person is reacting oddly.

“What?” Lois sputtered. Back from where? Like her, Cat seemed more concerned about Clark than Superman.
I am surprised she did not press Cat more for an answer.

“Wait a minute,” Cat said, standing up with anger. “Clark phoned you last night and then disappeared, and you didn’t even think to call me? His best friend!
Lois:I am his best friend.

“Superman will save us. He has never let us down yet; he won’t now.
I wish I was as confident as Lois. However it seems he might not save them this time, what with his suffering from Kryptonite poisoning and amnesia. I am afraid we may soon break out trusty body-count meter.

This has probably been the first Clark-free segment, but I guess I can't really complain, because they talked about him most of the time. I was hoping Lois would have found him by the end of this segment, but I guess it was not meant to be.

Well, I hope Lois and Cat find him pretty soon.

John Pack Lambert