“There doesn’t need to be two of us, covering Superman’s departure, Lois, and you know it,” Clark replied, once again giving her the exclusive.
That would be hard for Clark to cover himself in a public place.

“I’m going to stay down here and get the pulse of the crowd. I’ll meet up with you at the end of the day, okay?”
Unless something bad happens on the mission.

Lois held tighter onto his hand. “I’d feel better if we weren’t separated, Clark,” she said.
Well, that is a way to keep him from going into space.

A genuine smile grew on his sad face, and he pressed a soft kiss to her lips.
party more kissing.

“Thank you, minha,” he whispered.
party he is using the name for her.

“I love you.” The crowd pulled him back and out of her hand, and he disappeared.
Wait, he just said this when other reporters were nearby.

I’ll meet up with you at the end of the day, okay? He had said. She planned to hold him to that.
Why do I have the sinking suspicion he will miss the meeting?

Superman pushed a lock of her hair behind her ear and a hint of a smile appeared briefly on his lips. “I’ll be back. We’ll go flying,” he insisted.

“I hope so.”
Wait, she is OK with going flying with him. That seems odd considering what their relationship is.

In that instant, Lois knew that he would much rather stay on Earth here with her, but he was Superman, the world’s hero, and he had to go.
I guess that makes sense. They really do not have evidence to convince people Superman is not needed.

A kiss that would shatter the definition of the word kiss.

A kiss… like the ones she already shared with Clark.
If they do kiss will she realize in that moment that CK=SM?

Lois closed her eyes briefly in pain, wishing she had given Clark a proper kiss goodbye when they had separated down in the crowd. She wished she had told him that she loved him. She wished that Clark hadn’t kissed her, but rather that she had kissed him. She had a strange feeling that she had already lost him, and that kiss they shared had been one of ‘goodbye’.
I am really getting scared about what will happen next.

Lois had replied that even though that too was impressive, she would personally feel better about his chances if he carried the tanks, just in case.
So he is listening to her.

I have to admit I am really scared that something truly horrible is about to happen. I am really afraid Superman is about to die.

John Pack Lambert