Lois took a deep breath and slowly exhaled, trying to control her anxiety. “It’s going to miss.”
She is pretty sure of this.

Superman appeared unconvinced. “Lois, this is a matter of imminent world security. If you have a source who has information, which the experts at EPRAD don’t, this is not the time to hold back. Who told you that Nightfall would miss Earth?”
Superman has a very good point.

She didn’t believe it herself. She had no idea if Clark had told Superman about her visions, dreams, and hunches but even so, they weren’t wholly reliable. “Nobody did. I just know.”
She probably should at least tell him it is from a dream, he is not likely to believe if she does not.

“Tell me more,” he requested.
smile1 he wants to at least know.

Superman believed her! Her heart raced.
Of course he does.

Clark was right. Superman still cared for her. His trust in her was like a warm blanket on this cold night.
Maybe he will tell her the truth now.

“I don’t know if Clark has told you, but I’m kind of psychic,” she murmured.
SM:I think I know why to, but go on.

She didn’t want anyone, especially Superman, to think she was crazy.
More reasons he should tell her that SM=CK. I guess since he plans on telling her, he does not need more reasons per se. However they obviously are not pressing enough since he keeps procrastinating the conversation.

One of the dreams she had last night was about being dragged through the bullpen at work, kicking and screaming, wrapped up in a straitjacket.
I am surprised she has not had any dreams about CK=SM. Oh wait, she did have such dreams, but just dismissed them as crazy dreams.

She wasn’t a little kid anymore, after all; she didn’t need someone bigger and stronger than her to help her calm her fears.
We all need someone else at times. I guess it is hard to admit it though.

“Go on,” Superman said, his voice full of support, which reminded her of why she had fallen so quickly and deeply for him.
Well, at least Lois loves both of Clark's personas.

If Superman went after the asteroid, something bad would happen to Clark. Just thinking about it made her shiver.
She is so right, although she does not know why. of course the converse is not neccesarily true. Bad things may happen to Clark if Superman does not go.

and the memory of it was trying to push itself to the forefront of my mind,”
Of course that is because she really did live it.

Lois couldn’t look Superman in the eye while she retold this dream, because although most of it had come true, in some sense, it was as if all the details were wrong. Her co-workers had been sprayed by a drug, which made them go crazy in love with her, but not as it had in the dream.
Because Clark was not there to protect her in the dream.

She had checked into the Lexor honeymoon suite, but with Clark, not Jimbo.
So does she now think they were undercover in her dream?

“But when I stepped into the honeymoon suite it was as if I had been pulled forward in time, because I was suddenly in front of the bank of television sets in the newsroom. They were counting down to something momentous. I could tell everyone was on the edge. When they reached zero, nothing happened. Perry turned to me and said, ‘It didn’t hit’.” She stopped pacing and faced Superman. “See, it will miss.”
Hopefully this will be enough to convince Clark that he does not need to attack Nightfall.

The expression on Superman’s face personified sorrow. “Mr. White wasn’t more specific?” he asked.
On the other hand it is not a very clear indication.

“It’s true. I swear to you, Superman. You have to believe me. No, Nightfall wasn’t mentioned by name…” she began pleading her case, before he took hold of her shoulders as if in preparation to pull her into his arms to comfort her, only he stopped himself at the last second, causing her to jerk.
Another reason he really should tell her CK=SM.

“I believe you, Lois,” Superman insisted.
But will that be enough for him to not act?

“If you go into space,” Lois said, her voice rasping through her tears. She wiped her nose with the back of her hand. “Something will happen to Clark.”
How will he deal with this detail.

His expression softened and Superman pulled her into his embrace. “I know you do,” he murmured as he kissed the top of her head. “And I hope, for your sake, that nothing does happen to him.”
He should at least tell her. Although at this point it might make her more worried.

John Pack Lambert