“We should really watch that tape,” Clark murmured between kisses.
Clark seems to be playing with fire.

Clark: Well, obviously kissing Lois won't kill her.

He knew he was an idiot. He should tell Lois that they couldn’t be more than friends, that the intimacy she wanted from him just wasn’t possible, but despite having the best motivation in the world, he didn’t have the willpower to deny Lois anything she wanted from him at the moment... well, almost anything. He had craved her affection for so long that to have it finally so willingly thrust upon him was like offering water to man coming off a trek in the hot desert sun.
This makes total sense.

“Come here,” Clark said, spinning her around and starting to rub her shoulders, neck, and spine again.
smile1 more touching.

or until Herb gave him the green light.
Somehow I don't see Herb doing that, ever.

She held up her hand to stop him. “Is my safety upmost in your mind because you think Superman would kill you if anything ever happened to me?”
He should tell her the truth here.

Again, she stopped him; this time by placing her fingers over his mouth. She replaced her fingers with her lips in a soft kiss. “And if we were to make love?” she whispered, her arms wrapping around his neck as she leaned against his chest. “Would he kill you then?”
Clark: Of course not, he would enjoy it a lot.

“I know. You mentioned that. This is purely hypothetical,” she said, cupping his jaw and bringing his focus back to hers. “Does he love me so much that the thought of me being physically intimate with you, would cause him to forget his morals, lose his sense of right and wrong, and allow him the justification to hurt or kill you?”
He so should tell Lois the truth.

What exactly did she think his problem was? Did she think that he was… what? Impotent? Clark blushed. He knew he should correct this error in her reasoning but, from a certain point of view, she was correct. His fear for her life made him physically unable to consummate their relationship. “Lois, believe me, if I could make love to you, I would.”
He is not going to be able to keep up this obfustication much longer.

Her eyes widened in panic. “It's not that I’m rejecting you, Chuck, because of this;
smile1 she isn't rejecting him.

Not tonight, and maybe not tomorrow, but soon Lois planned to start working on solving his ‘difficulty’. He didn’t know if it would turn out to be heaven or hell.
He should just tell her the truth so he never has to gifure out what will happen when Lois puts her full mind to trying to decipher it.

John Pack Lambert