Clark caught her with one arm and pulled her against him to stop her from falling. After that, they continued walking; only now Lois held on to his arm. He wasn’t complaining.
smile1 they are touching eachother.

An idea struck him. It was wild, impetuous, and crazy.
Well, this is Lois, she just might go for it.

he decided to take the risk. “Let’s go to the store and get a carton of ice cream.”
clap she is going to be confused by his wanting sugar.

Lois looked at him as if he had lost his marbles. “Clark, you don’t eat ice cream.”

“I know. It’s not for me,” he replied, turning the corner and heading for the market down the block.
Lois: A carton of ice cream just for me seems a bit off.

Less than half hour later, their cab pulled up outside an old townhouse in the suburb of North Bridge, which looked as if it were overflowing with people.
clap just love this part.

“Yes, we work with Cat, and she invited us. I’m Clark Kent, and this is Lois Lane. I hope it’s okay that we came. We just finished a big story, and we weren’t sure we could make it,” Clark said, producing the gallon of ice cream. “We understand it’s pot luck.”
Lois: Cat never invited me.

Clark: She invited me, and knows I like you, therefore it is clear she invited you, she just never felt it was needed to either tell you or vocalize it to me. It was just that obvious you were invited.

Lois: And I have a bridge to sell you, Smallville.

As they followed, Lois hissed under her breath, “I can’t believe you brought me here! Cat’s going to be furious. I’m sure she invited you as her date, not to bring a date.”
Clark: Cat knows how I feel about you. She can't have really expected me to come alone.

Despite everything, Clark couldn’t be happier with Lois’s choice of words, even though he knew he had no right to be.
party Lois described herself as on a date with Clark.

Lois: I was more suckered into it. Anyway "being a date" and "being on a date" are not the same. Not at all. This is not a date.

John Pack Lambert