Clark awoke in the predawn hours in that little meadow surrounded by trees on the Kents’ property.
Scared of going home?

He had gone over every scenario to try to find a loophole that would allow him to keep Lois for himself until he had passed out from exhaustion.
What if he had Clark sign a waiver renouncing his possession of Lois?

Was the Jaguar this dimension’s Kal-El’s reincarnated soul? Was there no planetary division when it came to soul mates?
Ugh-uh.

The only choice would be to introduce Lois to the Jaguar and see if she would be willing to trade one hero for another.
LOIS: razz
Could he deny her that option?
That’s why it would have been better to kill Clark when he was 14 or so. That way, the replacement would not yet be old enough to make trouble and Lois could have happily married Wrong Clark.

“I’m from another planet, Jonathan. The possibility of someone looking exactly like me is…” Clark shook his head as the math confounded him.
423 to 1.

“Maybe he already has a wife and family.”
Then again, it’s par for the course that the families of heroes suffer grim fates, often at the hands of said hero himself.

Maybe the Jaguar was married. Not all was lost for Clark.
And if not, he could introduce him to Mayson before introducing him to Lois a few months later. Mayson should have a cute litter on the way by then.

“A lead-lined suit to start,” Martha suggested. “But flowers wouldn’t hurt either.”
wave Michael

PS: I just noticed, there's now a Christmas-section on the smiley site, matching the season.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.