We are getting more of that than in canon, although since in canon they skipped most of the night, and Clark did hold Lois right when she arrived, maybe there was as much holding and we just did not see it.
They often went to black when we least wanted them to.
Sometimes it is better to not show what is going on, and jsut leave it to the imagination.

We can even infer kisses between Lois and Clark in PML from unshown scenes.

Lois is doing an awful lot of protesting in this section.
Hence my disclaimer of their journey through That River in Egypt.
clap

Clark: That would be nice. I mean, ah, it is OK by me, I won't be here, so it does not matter to me. That is all I meant, really.
clap In other words, if she sleeps naked, there will be a Clark sized hole in the wall?
Clark: What? No. I am sleeping out here in the living room. Thus I will not be "there" in the bed. In the bedroom either. So her being naked is not affecting me.

Lois: I like it when you look at my legs Clark. What, no, I did not say that.
CLARK: The problem isn't the looking, but what the looking makes me want to do.
Lois: Well, that won't be all bad. Wait, no, what did I say. Clark, I did not say anything at all. You did not hear me speak, I did not say anything. Not at all.

<<John's excited>> he is there for her in reality as well as in her dream.
Actually this dream sequence was taken pretty much vertabim from "Another Lois", but she wakes up and she's alone, no Clark. This time, he's there.
There is a reason why I waited a long time to read "Another Lois", reading lots of "Wrong Clark" before I gave up during the Smallville arc to make sure I was not missing anything important.

Well, no, and maybe Clark should suspect that it is more.

Clark: Why would the right Clark not have protected Lois as well as me?
Good question.

CANON CLARK: Differently. Not worse.

ALT-CLARK: Yeah, buddy. You keep telling yourself that.
CANON CLARK: Well, Lois and I had never been on a date. I did not feel like pushing her to let me stay overnight, and she was mad at me for pushing her to the ground in what she thought was over-reaction to the motorcycle backfiring. Anyway, I mad it in there really fast and saved her from Mr. Make-up, so I was there for her, just not as close as maybe she would have liked.

They are going to sleep together.

Lois: Not the way I wa... I mean not the way people normally mean when they use that phrase.
Yes, well, she's going to sleep.
Clark: I can't trust myself to sleep, holding Lois who is just wearing my shirt, and no shorts. No I have to stay awake, if I fall asleep something awkward might happen.

I guess this makes sense. It is not like she would believe that this memory is really real if he told her, and she might get scared if he started believing.
Telling her that she might have known him, only not him, in a previous telling of her life might get him a one-way ticket to Luthor House for the Mentally Insane.
Probably not if he also tells her he is Superman and from another dimension. However that would be a lot to tell her at any point, and when she just woke up from a nightmare is probably not a good time, even if he felt there was any point in telling her.

Hopefully since he knowns the truth he can point her away from her thinking herself crazy.

On the other hand the very fact that Superman exists makes her dreams about him and Clark not seem so crazy. In "Another Lois" people treated the stories of Superman as total craziness and her attraction to Clark as a sign of mental illness. Here, even if she tells someone her dreams in full, they will at least consider them within the range of believability.

John Pack Lambert