Christina: Thanks for the long FDK. smile1

Hmmm, which is truer to him? Kal-El is his birth name after all but Jerome is his middle name.
CLARK: I prefer Jerome to Kal-El, thanks. If Lois hears I have yet another alias...

Huh? Are you meaning to say that the Kents are less stunned than Clark or something else?
Oh, sorry. Martha is saying that it appeared that Clark was more stunned by the message from the globe than her and Jonathan, which of course is impossible.

All his memories and negative reactions are from the ghosts of his own past. Sadly in his own way he is as much a ghost of their own past as well.
In a matter of speaking. In a way, it's good that they don't remember their Clark.

I could see how that would be a little hard to wrap their heads around considering how brief a connection they had to something so out of this world up to this point. Meeting someone from a different dimension/parallel universe is far and away much more unbelievable than an alien. It's the kind of thing that requires multiple things of evidence to prove. Something that Lois might have a hard time with.
In my opinion, without Superman the time/dimension travel is even more difficult to believe. But since he's SUPERMAN, hey why not?!

That could be taken as extremely romantic or extremely stalkerish depending on how he acts.
CLARK: Really, I'm not the one who installed the survaliance in her apartment. laugh I didn't need to... I mean, I'm NOT stalking her... on purpose.

I sincerely hope that when Lois learns about that Lois she doesn't consider herself a replacement.
Another reason Clark doesn't want to tell Lois about the other dimension thing.

I had been wondering if Martha was thinking, "why would I let my son continue to date someone like her?" I don't know why, but I'm guessing
Clark had already told Jonathan (and him Martha) that his parents had died (back when he brought the stuff to can). Martha isn't the type of woman to meddle in Clark's relationship, more of a 'let it run its course and pray that he'll see the light before it's too late' policy.

Not, "you remind me of my parents" (although that is true."
You need to remember that his folks died when he was ten. He never really knew them as people, only as his folks. This is why Martha and Jonathan remind him more of canon Clark's folks than his own.

Aaand it continues to sound slightly stalkery (even though that's not exactly the case.)
If Clark had stalked Lois to get her to fall for him, he would've allowed a relationship between her and Superman. Really, he's *trying* to do the right thing. (Emphasis on trying)

The way you have him saying this makes me think there really isn't any jealousy between Alt-Clark and Canon-Clark. That's actually rather amazing to me.
Clark "has" THIS Lois now. So any jealousy he had of canon Clark has faded into envy for their loving relationship.

Clark won't be eating that slice of pie, now will he?
But... but... but... it's his Mom's pie! <<Okay, but not on purpose, only to distract himself from their awkward conversation>>

And I wonder if he's going to come clean on his "allergy" to sugar or if Martha's going to convince him to eat the pie just as Lois catches him doing it. Can you say nuclear reaction?
I was going to have Lois catch him in the act of eating the pie, but then decided to make it so she doesn't know, and he's not consciencous paying attention to the fact that he's eating pie (made with sugar).

Hunger won out over sugar. Now I'm just waiting for Lois to blow in and go <explosively mad>
Well, it was a bit of hunger and a bit of his mother giving him the evil eye, so he ate it out of guilt, falling back into trying to please his mother.

cracks whip* Martha Kent: Telling it like it is since 1966.
rotflol

Martha Kent: *yelling at Jonathan* You can be forward-thinking artistically and still be traditional!
Yeah, she didn't let him get away with that comment.

Still wants to leave a romantic window open, huh?
She really doesn't need a brother. A personal massuse, typist, sex slave on the other hand...

Ooooooh she won't be saying that when the Revenge is released.
Oh, no, she has other thoughts around that time. [Linked Image]

Well she knows the truth even if it isn't the complete and unvarnished truth, just the honestly hadged truth. It still allows her to see a man who has experience with the "underbelly" and would (potentially) recognize Luthor for what he is. Methinks that while this won't change the Superman thing it will help on the "investigating Luthor" front.
cool

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.