Originally posted by John Lambert:
Clark however should realize there are two key differences in the Lois/Superman and Lex/Monique relationship. 1- There is no Lois/Superman relationship. He takes the high ground and does nothing, instead of trying to hide what they do.

2- The Lois/Clark relationship is thought to be more in public than it is, so it balances out the hidden nature of Superman/Lois.
Clark is offended by the comparison, because Henderson basically is saying that it would be only for these reasons... these negative reasons. Clark would hate for Lois and anyone else to think of Superman's motives as being as unpure as Luthor's.

Still, he probably would take exception to Henderson's claims, but I think he is generally right. In fact, they could even be used by Superman to explain to Lois why they cannot do a secret relationship.
You want to tell her? I don't want to tell her? eek

Well of course Clark should save everyone he can. I guess Clark would have been a lot better off not speaking for the story at all. Well, maybe, maybe not. How long is it until the actual award ceremonies?
In S2, it wasn't actually mentioned, but I assume a week or two.

Actually, maybe having Lois go with Jimmy is not as bad as I first thought. It is better than going with Lex for one, and sometimes letting someone have a date with someone else makes you look good.
[Linked Image]

It also means that Clark chosing to invite Lois next year will be more than just asking his partner because it is expected.

I still am half hoping that Lois ends up bringing Clark anyway. That is probably unlikely, but at heart I am an optimist.
evil

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.