Lois stepped into the elevator with a smile on her lips.
Hey! Why is she taking the elevator again all of a sudden?

. She had stopped by the gym on the way to the office to burn off those extra calories from that incredible dessert that Clark had ordered for her the night before.
See? Had she taken Clark to her private gym, she wouldn’t have had to get up early to go alone to the public gym.

Would he try to kiss her? On the lips or on the cheek?
How about a friendly squeeze of her buttocks?

Would he want to hold her hand under the table at the morning meeting?
Or run them up her stockinged thigh?

Would he act like nothing happened?
Only if she’s pregnant wink

Her lips squeezed together. In her opinion, it could have been longer, but she was glad it hadn’t been.
hyper

She had seen too many romantic movies and read too many novels where that very thing had happened.
Umm…those aren’t exactly real life, you know?

The more she held him, the more natural it felt having him in her arms as if he belonged there.
[Linked Image] Works for other stuff, too.

They were gasoline on the fire within her, then they were gone.
Good thing she’s got something from Lucy for her birthday. Oh, right. That’s still at the office. And if she goes there that night, she’ll get Loisnapped and replaced by a clone. Or taken Loisage by a group of armed thugs.

She took hold of his tie. “Did I mention how much I like your tie?” she murmured, letting it run through her fingers.
[Linked Image]

He had left her burning for him all night long. She couldn’t get her mind off him. Damn him! How was she going to maintain a professional work relationship with him if she felt like this?
Maybe it’s a good thing that Lucy’s present is still at the office?

She rolled her eyes up to the ceiling. Really, Lex? Red roses?
Hehehehehehe clap

“But you’d have to screw up pretty badly, and not like all this run-of-the-mill stuff.”
Like, sleep with Lucy between the vows and the cake cutting?

Lois was beautiful, but she was a beast without her morning caffeine.
clap

He couldn’t wait to try it out.
Not crying helps with that. Also, spilling the beans. But not too early. Maybe he should practice spilling the beans before the date?

“Can I have everyone’s attention for a minute?” he said, holding up his hands.
Birthday cake?

“I just wanted to let you all know that the Kerth nominations were announced this morning…”
Oooooooh!

“And I’m happy to announce that one of our own was nominated, again,” he said.
Clark, this time? Just to through a monkey wrench?

“No, I did. You worked your butt off for me,” Lois retorted, much to the delight of their co-workers.
/scratches off chance to ever get laid. For either one of them.

“You think I should invite, as my date to the awards then, someone who helped out on the story, someone who gave their blood, sweat, and tears for this story, gave up their sleep, their health, and possibly even risked his life?
Oh dear. Jimmy?

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.