“How did the date go?” he heard Cat ask. Looking up, he realized she wasn’t asking him, but Lois. Minx.
Ah, she's trying to be good with the girlfriend so she can get the details. Good idea.

“Fine! It went well, and, no, I’m not going to share details,” Lois told her, looking over her shoulder at Clark.

He pretended to be engrossed with his own clipping.

Cat sat down on her own desk, leaning towards Lois. “So, what did Mr. Romance get you?”
Ah, trying live vicariously through Lois. Probably a good idea because it's fairly unlikely Clark's going to unhinge from being caught up in her(Lois's) charms.

“A lamp.”

The smile fell off of Cat’s face. “He got you a lamp?”
*snort* I can't blame Cat for the surprise there.

“All that prep work, and all he got you was a lamp? No jewelry, no lingerie, but a lamp?” Cat shook her head. “He’ll never learn.”

“Prep work? What prep work?” Lois asked, standing up.
Uh oh. Trouble! danger! Danger Will Robinson!*

“You bought him that tie?” she accused.

Cat held up her hands. “No, you don’t! I’m not taking credit for any of those. He picked out all those ties himself,” she said, sitting down in her chair. “I chose the suit though.”
Thinking that the tie was a gift for him is a baaaaad idea.

“He took you shopping for our date?” Lois snarled.

Is that a siren? That sure sounded like a siren? It could be just a toy siren. Maybe he should go double check, just to be sure.

Cat shrugged. “So, he wanted to look good. He did look good, didn’t he?”
Inner fifth grader: Oooooh, Clark is in troubleeee.

And the the Kerth Award nominations come in to throw gas on the fire of their little tete a tete. Of course that's always been a positive thing in the long run for these two.

Jimmy going as her plus one? genius!

I'm guessing Perry said that the jumper story was his to work on and probably encouraged him to give as much as he got.

Lois laughed. “You’ll never take Jimmy as a date to the Kerth awards, Clark.”

“Give me one good reason why I wouldn’t ask my friend to be my guest to an awards banquet?” Clark said, crossing his arms.

“I’d look better in a dress,” Lois answered without hesitation, taking another sip of coffee.
laugh rotflol

She glanced up from the file in her hand to Clark’s expression. It was positively thunderous. Geez, did he think she was still trying to steal his story? “Snap out of it, Chuck. We’re partners, for goodness sake.”
I was thinking the same as Lois. I was expecting him to actually work on this story alone (or only with Lois in an advising and therefore "uncredited" position.)

“You mean the same criminal organization that bugged your apartment, the Daily Planet, and hired private detectives to follow us?” Clark’s voice sounded almost harsh with venom.
Whoa. I'm guessing he has a good idea who it was.

Overreactions? Don't know. I think I'm just along for the ride. Something tells me we're nearing another hilltop before a downhill slide.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)