Michael: You're caught up. Now, I need to. I got distracted by my new ficathon story(s), the fair, parade, and canning. But now I'm back with enough green slime jelly to last me a year. (Green slime is how my son describes my green grape jelly.)

You mean, like this: <tomato in face>
Yep. And this: [Linked Image] and this: [Linked Image]. I'm thinking I deserved those.

Neither is this.
This isn't ready?

This can be either very good or very bad. I’m going with him trying to keep the blood in his brain and fulfill the excess fluid requirement in a different way.
Or it could be very bad in a very good way?

She just put Cat out of business.
evil

Maybe he could pick a fight? Tell her that he thinks her shot-up arm is a turnoff? She has bad breath?
He wants her to like Clark, not hate him. And he does pick a fight... sort of.

Girl Scout Badge #237
[Linked Image]

/goes checking/ No, it’s right there next to the can of mace.
Why would she bring a can of mace with her on her Superman date?

He’s contradicting himself. I’m thinking the crossed leg interrogation is proving fruitful.
Brain doesn't work well without blood flow.

She can do this with one arm tied in front of her. Literally. But Cat could do it with both hands tied above her head. Also literally.
True.

Not necessarily.
My guess is that he doesn't have much experience with what he's trying to talk about.

He’s married to a Kryptonian Lady?
LOIS: The only Kryptoinian around is Superman and he's... shock NO! [Linked Image]

Naughty, naughty, naughty, *naughty* girl.
And nobody thought Clark would be punished for Superman breaking Lois's heart.

Oh dear. Now she’s going into stubborn hurt mode.
Which is why he didn't want to have this conversation.

Maybe she would. Wouldn’t stop her from coming back for more, though.
Possibly.

Yep. She’s angry.
He just turned her down. Of course she's angry.

It looks like it from where she’s sitting. It also sounds like it.
It's a parenting technique (which I'm not good at). Where you don't say "no", you just say, "yes" so that it sounds like no. "Yes, you can have TV. Tomorrow, after you clean up your room." "Yes, you can go out with your friends. Next week, after you've been grounded for lying to me."

Yes, but by then she’ll have been touched indecently by Lex and be boinking Call-Me-Daniel.
CLARK: What? Luthor shot her! Huh? Who's that other guy? You mean, I should have said 'yes', now! And whisked her into the bedroom? wallbash

That’s so twisted it makes sense again.
CLARK: Thank you. I think.

They have Kryptonite for such an occasion. It is taste neutral when ground up and goes great with while or rice. Thick spaghetti sauce works, too.
LOIS: I'll pick some up the next time I'm at "Evil-R-Us" next to LexMart Drugs.

Sadly, true. I’m sure he can make it worse.
CLARK: I may be a stupid lunkhead, but at least, I recognize this about about myself.

/points at Cat and the girls in the secretarial pool. Which reminds me, does Lex actually *have* a pool where his secretaries are lounging about, naked and waiting to be called for a steno session?
MRS. COX: He, most certainly, does not! I'm all the assistance he needs.

Glutton for punishment? He lives for the chase?
Yep. Yep. Soul mate works too. Kryptonian DNA works. Lunkhead, too.

Sad, but also true.
He's trying to be honest.

Did they get an exorcist?
CLARK: I don't really want to talk about it.

they do say that a guy has to give the woman he tries to pick up a cold shoulder. Of course, I’m thinking nobody told poor Clark here that, once she comes on to you with what’s basically a lapdance, it’s time to invite her into the bedroom.
CLARK: Not the same day you've broken her heart while wearing a skin tight blue suit and red cape.

CLARK: I’m attracted to men in black combat suits who wear cowls and capes.
LOIS: If that were true you wouldn't have moved to Metropolis.

No, it’s a bet, actually.
Yep, can he screw up his life more than canon Clark?

How's he doing?

Oops? Once again, Lois jumped without checking that this is a ten meter board and below it’s the toddler pool?
Well, Clark did warn her that he'd make her hate him by the end of the night.

So, all the bad parts without the fun stuff? Lois is so going to go for that. At least she’ll get a decent meal a day and someone to do the cleaning chores. Even if he steps out at night and returns in the wee hours after what’s obviously an extra marital relation.
LOIS: Or I could just make him my partner and get the same benefits without the legal stuff.

There’s been fic about last that scenario. It’s on your to-read list.
I'll have to check those out one of these days.

Maybe her father could take it off?
I don't think she's ready to be Darth Lois.

That’s not going to fly well.
What? You think that she only is going to want a partner with benefits?

Is this where he learns to flirt with every blonde bimbo that crosses their paths?
Well, there is one coming up...

So, sex with Monique was the sport and the hunt that followed the relaxation?
Details supplied later.

Do we *have* to like him?
Lex = Evil. So, no, you don't have to like him. But you can love to hate him, if you like.

He really has trouble understanding women, does he?
Lex or Clark? And, yes.

Like that would help now. Asabi sure is not the most competent one, is he?
Poor man. He should have suggested the stone for use on Clark Kent instead.

What’s the matter? Was she worried when Lois didn’t show up all night?
No, she'd figure she was just sleeping at Clark's. It was that she wanted to yell at Lois for the men in her apartment.

Not. Funny.
EW: <<note to self>> No more double cliffies. Gotcha. Again, no cliffy at the end of 38.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.