“Oh!” Lois gasped, her hand pressing on the back of his head, her mouth opening for him.

Clark could feel the electric current running through them, pulling them closer, joining them. He wondered if she could feel it as well, when she moaned. It wasn’t a groan from pain, or discomfort. It was certainly a moan of longing and yearning, of acceptance. Her legs relaxed and separated, allowing him on his knees to slip between them.
hyper
“No, Clark,” Lois murmured against his lips. “I can’t. Don’t.”
frown
She loved Superman but desired Clark. He could work with that. “Oh, Lois,” Clark said, moving closer and resting his head against hers again. “You wouldn’t be cheating on him…”
Gasp. Is he going to tell her!?
He realized that he had done this all wrong. Clark couldn’t tell Lois that Superman didn’t exist anymore because she had gotten hurt, and he couldn’t tell Lois that he had been Superman, not like this. He couldn’t tell her during a conversation about cheating or moving on, not tonight, the night she had been shot. There had to be a better way. “No, Lois. You’re right. I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have pushed you.” He stood up. “I’m sorry, Lois. I’ll leave.”
Of course he’s not xD
“Can’t we just be friends?” Lois continued.

Friends with benefits?
hyper Yay! He admitted it! Why do I have the feeling he’s going to backtrack and mess it up…
Clark gulped and blushed. “He loves you, Lois. He… him.”
You’re killing me, Clark!
“You know, Lois, I do a great impersonation,” Clark jumped in. “You should really hear it.”
shock Say what!?
Her giggles continued, because she knew. Even if she couldn’t have Superman, she could have Clark. Clark loved her and treasured her and best of all, Clark would kiss her any damn well time she wanted him to.
laugh
“Some bedside manner you got there, doc.”
Only the best for Lois.
He was in her dreams, and it meant nothing, right? It just meant that she was horny for a man, a super man, who wouldn’t give her the time of day, so she was fantasizing about one who would. Fantasizing that Clark was impersonating Superman so as to be able to kiss her. How crazy was that?
Pretty crazy
Lois moaned. This time it was just a fraction of decibel louder than last time. She cracked her eyes in time to see Clark shift his position in his sleep, as if reacting to her moan. She waited another minute and moaned again. This time, she heard a similar moan escape his lips. Well, at least, she had given Clark a happy dream as opposed to a Lois-got-shot dream.

She waited another minute and then half-whispered, half-moaned his name. “Clark…”

“Mmmmm,” he responded, and she watched as he shifted his position in the chair again. She loved playing him like her own little marionette.
Oh, Lex is going to love this!
She felt the mattress dip under his weight and chanced another glimpse. Clark hadn’t laid down next to her, instead he stretched his hands out on the bed and then rested his head on his hands. His butt was still firmly planted in the dining room chair. Oh, well, it was a small victory at least.
So close!