He realized that he had done this all wrong. Clark couldn’t tell Lois that Superman didn’t exist anymore because she had gotten hurt, and he couldn’t tell Lois that he had been Superman, not like this. He couldn’t tell her during a conversation about cheating or moving on, not tonight, the night she had been shot. There had to be a better way.
Sounds like classic procrastination if you ask me. Then again, it's very likely that canon Clark did the same thing in the night before "And the Answer Is."

“Can’t we just be friends?” Lois continued.

Friends with benefits? He shook that thought out of his head.
lol. Oh Clark, it's only a matter of time before you cave. Something tells me that while Cat would be disappointed but willing to wait in the wings, she's going to remind him that FWB isn't a great idea.

“I thought you might be hungry, but – the Dickens – if I can find your food.”
*Snort* But then again it's unlikely ANY Clark would truly curse. It reminds me of when my friends and I used to say Goodness instead of what we were actually thinking.

“I once had a foster brother with a broken wrist. There’s an adjustment period, but you’ll learn.”
Oh this should be new information to her. I know Cat knows he's an orphan but does Lois?

He patted the bed next to him. “When I was fifteen, I had a foster sister, Marbella.” He smiled sweetly at the memory. “She was seven, and I was put in charge of brushing her hair every day before school. I’m very gentle.”

Clark had put himself in charge of it. If he hadn’t done so, Bella’s hair would still have been a rat’s nest when she left the house. He sighed. Bella had been put into foster care when her mother’s boyfriend had abused her. If it hadn’t been for Clark, he was sure someone else would have picked up where that man had left off. In the six months he knew her, Clark taught her to say ‘No’ and to stand up for herself. At least, he hoped he had.

“What happened to her?” Lois asked, sitting down next to him.

“She was able to go home,” he whispered, slowly running the brush through Lois’s brown hair. “Not everyone who ends up in foster care stays in foster care.”
More new information. Clark, it's only a matter of time before she starts wondering.

Goodness, they have a long way to PML.

CLARK: No. I'm just worried I'm a jinx.
JONATHAN: A jinx?
CLARK: Yeah. Let's face it, ever since she's known me, Lois's been kidnapped, frozen, pushed off buildings, almost stabbed, poisoned, buried alive and who knows what else, and it's all because of me.
-"Contact" (You're not her jinx, you're her blessing.)