“It’s the truth. You’ve seen the photos.”
So she’s assuming he actually looked inside an envelope not meant for him? Who would *do* such a thing? Such a violation of trust and good manners? Oh, right. Duh!

“Who knew that all this time, I’ve been Dr. Frankenstein’s daughter?”
Better than being his monster?

“Well, he didn’t leak me the story. I found it myself by breaking into his office last night,” she corrected, setting the photos down on her desk.
Uumm…

“I can’t believe a woman as caring as you would risk someone going after your dad by writing that story.”
Has he *met* her? And would he also stop her from printing the story if her Dad was Lex Luthor?

Lois gulped. “I was…” She closed her eyes and hated with every fiber of her body to say it. “— wrong.”
clap

Uh-huh. Likely story. Probably more that Superman didn’t want me to yell at him for thinking it was his fault that Allie died. Lois looked up to the ceiling and shook her head.
clap Maybe she should yell at him for thinking she’d yell at him?

No, no, no! Perry wouldn’t dare! Lois glowered at her boss. “This is my story, Perry,” she warned him.
/points to earlier remark/

I can reassign it to Kent here, since he seems to be up to speed on where you were, before you fumbled the ball.”
clap

“You can, Kent, and you will,” Perry told him. “This isn’t a matchmaking service; this is a newspaper.
/points at headline of Daily Planet during the pheromone incident/

The Police Academy graduation is this weekend, Lois.
rotflol /points at earlier remark/

Why don’t you attend that and tell us how it was?”
Just telling, not writing a story, right? It could have been worse.

I bet this was just a trick of yours to steal my story.”
lol

She looked up at him with the full intention of pushing him away, but he was gazing at her with melancholy eyes like she had stabbed him with her words.

“Is that really who you think I am?” he asked, speaking so nobody else could hear him.
Oh boy. She really got a defective Clark, didn’t she?

. “How exactly have I seduced you? As you have pointed out to everyone from here to Gotham City, we are just friends.”
laugh

“I’m right?” he echoed in amazement.
Great. Now the needle has jumped out of the track

It probably was what made him such a good reporter
Also, it could work great for getting them ladies…

“Make sure you brush up on your penmanship, Lois. You’ll need it when you fall back on a career as an English teacher for snot nosed brats, whose parents give them everything.”
/suggests Lois hand in her original story after all/

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.