Clark glanced up and was about to ask why Jimmy had given them to him when he wasn’t working with Lois on the boxing story,
This spells T R O U B L E to me…

Clark wished he could have left with her as he hadn’t gotten a wink of sleep with her there lying against his stomach.
huh

but as it occurred simultaneously with her new-found interest in being Clark’s bosom buddy,
laugh

so that she could officially be with Superman, Clark would jump at the opportunity.
He would even dress up in blue tights for her? So she can make love to her hero?

He would kick himself from here to the moon and back again for the duplicity, but he’d still do it.
[Linked Image]

Of all of the reasons why Lois would never date him, the fact that he didn’t eat sweets hadn’t even been on his list.
So, it was the logical reason to choose, then, wasn’t it?

Not that Clark would ever wish more death or misery on Lois, so she’d come running into his arms.
Ooooh! I’ve got an idea. Huh? What? Drat. Okay, nix that idea. It’s already been patented by LexCo. And we all know how messy those patent infringement cases can get… /points at the Apple/Samsung war over the Space Odyssey’s computer tablet/

So much for doctor-patient confidentiality.
No, that’s still good. DPC doesn’t protect you from bad guys breaking into the good doctor’s office and stealing your trade secrets.

This didn’t look like every day sports medicine, or even prosthetics.
/points at med-lab Palpatine took Anakin Skywalker/

what would Menken or whoever was backing him, do to her father, or to Lois?
Marry her and stuff her in a bunker. Not necessarily in that order.

The money that must have been fronted for this project must have been big – Luthor big.
Oooooh!

. He had not even the whisper of proof that Luthor was involved,
How about those arms? When folded at the elbow, don’t they look just like an L. And both together, that’s Lex’s Double-L.

but like Lois, Clark could make suggestions to Cat until he was blue in the face, and she would do whatever she wanted anyway.
Maybe it’s him? Maybe he doesn’t know how to talk to women?

The angle that Cat picked to investigate should have been no big surprise: sex.
laugh

She was curious where Luthor picked up his bedfellows.
Blue Oyster Bar. On an unrelated subject: I’ve recently re-watched the Police Academy…

She figured that a man of Luthor’s stature in the city and in business meant that he had sex often, probably daily, just to relieve stress,
Ooooo-kay. Is the south-east Asian stereotype massage therapy with a happy ending tax-deductable as a medical expense?

but he didn’t have a serious or obvious girlfriend.
Boyfriend. Lex does have a lot of male companions running around…

Clark told Cat that he personally didn’t want to know, nor did he want to even consider Luthor’s paramours.
So, he’s suddenly not interested in what Lois does at night?

Still, Cat went on with her theory after reassuring him that Lois wasn’t one of them. Thanks a lot, Cat, for that image.
laugh

Cat figured that since Dr. Baines had been a woman and Lex was a man that possibly there had been more between them than the space program.
They have been validating her theories on docking maneuvers.

Cat believed that Luthor seduced his victims or partners in crime with sex, lulling them to do what he wanted with the possibility of becoming his wife, and having access to all of his billions.
Oh. Isn’t that what Mindy Church does, too? They could actually be siblings. Or father/daughter?

Clark had retorted by reminding Cat that not everything in life was about sex.
That’s true, actually. The other half’s about money. Plus, you can exchange one for the other at various rates.

The gossip queen had merely patted his face and cooed at him for his innocent naivety.
laugh

Clark slipped the photos into the packet and glanced over at Lois’ desk. She had just arrived and was turning on her computer.
That could have been a bloody mess…

Lois frowned at him. “What are you doing with my photos?” she accused.
See?

Cat had even asked Clark if there was something he wanted to announce.
Cigars for everyone! Lois just found out she’s pregnant and wants to get back together.

and if he tries to put a finger on my story, we’ll be less than that,
But he gets to keep the finger? confused

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.