Lois Lane entered her apartment, dumped her suitcase on the floor, and collapsed onto her sofa, expelling a gush of relief that she was home.
hyper

and then finished without the slightest attempt to offer a resolution or even a breath of hope for recovery.
/reads this and then
As for the happy ending, this could be the first story I've ever written without a happy ending.
hyper Dan might actually have a chance with her!

Even if her epiphany had come too late to save her from her biggest mistake.
hyper

"You had your chance to deny her claims. But you just stood there and hoped everything would magically fix itself. Just like you did with me."
He’s just not a fixer.

"I thought you were a better man than to stoop to questioning a woman's mental state," Mayson said. "I thought you'd face your responsibilities."
Huh. And just when it looked like she believed him.

She looked up and gave him a glittering smile. "Now we have the whole evening together," she said brightly.
She really needs to take her meds. But then, that’s the problem. She might not be allowed to while being pregnant.

We share secrets - things no one else knows about us."
shock

I didn't bring any extra clothes, because I'm sure there are hundreds of fashion stores in Metropolis and I know you'll want to provide for your wife.
shock She wants fashion *and* move back to Smallville? She is way beyond bat-guano crazy.

Lana had emptied his bathroom cabinet and was arranging an army of perfume bottles and makeup tubes on the shelves.
Oh boy.

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.