Lois & Clark Forums
Posted By: Female Hawk FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/15/12 06:20 PM
Comments go here!

Corrina. wave
Posted By: Mouserocks Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/15/12 06:46 PM
shock shock jawdrop

^Those graemlins don't seem serious enough to represent how shocked I am at what has just happened.

Wow. I just... wow. I don't know what to say. Lana? But... but... where is she? And Clark has *no* alibi whatsoever. Oh, this is bad. This is very very bad. How did this happen? *How* can you possibly get him out of this disastrous mess in the next 13 chapters?! My mind is spinning out of control right now with all the emotional turmoil... I'm almost scared to keep reading- but of course I will. Because I'm just twisted like that. wink

Please, please *PLEASE* update soon!!!! I'm dying here.
Posted By: KateB Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/15/12 07:08 PM
Corrina is back with a story! dance Great beginning, but not good for Clark eek I can't wait to see how you will resolve it. notworthy
Posted By: tooaddicted2tv Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/15/12 07:27 PM
Clark is stupid! He should have went to Lois's as Clark and talked with her. Not as Superman.

Lois is going to be heartbroken!(well my assumption anways) and probably really angry.

Lana is a nutcase! I really can't wait to see Lois and Lana go at it, I really kind of hope they do, it would be fun to see.

Looking forward to more!! Post Soon!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/15/12 08:21 PM
Poor Mayson.
Posted By: Laurach Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/15/12 09:24 PM
Wow! I don't know what to say about this one. Poor Mason! it would have been nice if she at least knew he wasn't lying and he was Superman before she died. I see Lois doesn't seem to have a crush on Superman in this. Lana is mentally ill and probably killed Mason. She needs to be locked up. Laura
Posted By: angelsgmaw Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/15/12 09:51 PM
Oh my goodness! It only took Corrina 2 episodes to get Clark into such a pickle that it will take a minor miracle to get him back out of this mess. And to think , I thought that the virgin-birth baby was a problem.

So, where do we go from here? Poor Mayson! She is a pest and not a favorite of mine, but dead in her own blood is not my way to get her out of the picture that I was imagining. Hmmmmm! Well, guess I'll just have to read it to see where this is going. Sounds like everyone in this story is having problems that won't disappear easily.

Happy writing, Corrina. You may have dug a deeper ditch than you thought originally, but I'm sure you will be able to pull this all together and put the "happily ever after" back into the ending.

Pat
Posted By: HappyGirl Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/15/12 10:18 PM
Oh, dear! Corrina isn't playing nicely. She's already broken one toy, and she's holding another over the nursery fireplace. Whatever shall we do with her?

Looking forward to seeing where you take this.

Happy
Posted By: Framework4 Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/15/12 10:50 PM
As bad as it looks for Clark we all know it is going to get worse.

From the show we know Mayson kept a diary.
"Resurrection" (Season 2 episode 17)
"What are you talking about?" Scardino pulls the diary from his jacket. "Mayson's diary. Pretty steamy stuff. Read like an Emily Bronte novel."
I rather expect that all Lana's raving is already written down in detail in Mayson's diary.

If it hasn't already happen the police will find the pregnant Lana Lang, DEAD.

It seems to me quick likely her body will be
in a never-used boiler room in the basement of the building
Someone will review the diary and connect the dead body in the basement of Clark's apartment building with him.
Posted By: elizabeth Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/16/12 01:24 AM
OMG! I didn't see that coming! It just keeps getting worse for poor Clark! If only he had an alibi!

Can't wait to see how you play this out. Will he come clean to Lois and tell her CK=S so she can come up with an alibi? Desperate times for poor Clark! frown

How I do hope your posting schedule is every other day rather than once a week! Hint, hint, hint! LOL

Great work!

thumbsup

Cheers
Elizabeth
Posted By: Lonnie Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/16/12 06:47 AM
Great save, Corrina! Life in prison for a crime he didn't commit has got to be better than living with crazy Lana... Isn't it? devil

Lonnie
Posted By: Lara Joelle Kent Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/16/12 06:54 AM
Wow, what accusation is next? Not Clark = Superman, for that would solve the problem of Mayson's death quite nicely - but fuel Lana's allegations (as he could have flown to her any time he wanted). Ah, what a wicked web you weave.

Personally, I'd say that Clark did at least one sensible thing in talking to his parents. (Well, two, if you count him removing his super suits from the hidden compartment. Because I really think that Lana does not know Clark is Superman, and that her choice of words (high-flying reporter) is totally innocuous.) The other thing I would have expected of him was that he turns up at Lois's place (as Clark) and asks her if he can spend the night on her couch because he has a crazy ex-girlfriend in his apartment. After all, even Lois' couch should beat having to spend the night in the same place as Lana, or so I figure.

Just... what horrible super-power does Lana possess that she can manipulate people the way she does and probably even get Lana killed without moving out of Clark's apartment? Telepathy/telekinesis in combination? wink
Posted By: melray1228 Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/16/12 12:12 PM
Yikes!! Clark is in quite a pickle, isn't he?!

After reading the title and the first chapter, I thought the accusation would be about Lana's baby. I should have known there would be much more to it than that in one of Corrina's stories!

Supers could always be Clark's alibi by saying that he ran into Clark and they chatted while Clark told him of Lana's bombshell. Then he could say that he flew Clark out to Smallville to seek advice from his folks. Nobody would question Superman as an alibi. That would free up Superman (and Clark) to investigate Mayson's murder. Of course, that leaves Lana's whereabouts. I don't think she did it, but I do think she's with the murderer. I have a hunch about what might be going on, but I am hesitant to say anything yet.

I eagerly await the next installment!

Mel
Posted By: Sydney Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/16/12 12:32 PM
WOW! hyper hyper hyper

And thank you: you are a fantastic writer.

wave
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/16/12 04:57 PM
We just thought we knew what the title referred to.

Wow.

How is Mayson's body still in Clark's apartment building? I got the distinct impression that Clark watched Mayson leave before he went back to the bad place with the crazy lady. If someone had killed her then, surely he would have heard the tussle.

If Mayson left and came back, then where's Lana? Did Mayson come back to tell Clark that she believed him about not being the baby daddy? Did crazy Lana become killer Lana? Was someone else gunning for Clark and just found Mayson there? Did someone follow Mayson and clip her in Clark's building, or was she taken there under duress and killed there? Who is the real target? And how will Lois react to this soap opera setup?

So many possibilities, so few chapters, so little Thorazine for Lana. Come back here quick! This may be the best/worst cliffhanger in L&C fanfic history! (Can we say new Kerth category?)

ETA: Just re-read the last part and realized that Mayson's body is at the foot of the steps inside Clark's apartment. No wonder Wolfe and Henderson want to talk to him. But I ask myself again, where's Lana?
Posted By: Terry Leatherwood Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/16/12 05:06 PM
Son of a freeloader! Now I wonder if the REAL baby daddy is involved in this? Maybe he showed up and was arguing with Lana when Mayson came back, heard the fight, and charged in thinking that Lana was fighting with Clark. Before she could explain who she was and why she was there, the guy killed her (maybe not on purpose, but she's still dead) and dragged Lana away with him. Or, maybe Mystery Baby Daddy did recognize Mayson and that's why he whacked her. How am I doing?

Or maybe I've been reading too many mystery novels.
Posted By: sarahg Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/17/12 12:07 AM
ahhh!
ok, now i know i can't read this until it is finished.

hope i can restrain myself now when there is a new post!
Posted By: Morgana Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/17/12 09:19 AM
Yikes!

I'm with Sarahg on this one!
Posted By: Lynn S. M. Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/17/12 02:33 PM
Michael, mind if I borrow your phrase?

Oh boy. Oh boy! OH boy! OH BOY! jawdrop thud

That about sums it up.

I really hope part three will be posted soon.

Joy,
Lynn
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/17/12 04:19 PM
Oh, wow, I totally did not expect that! Like others have mentioned, I thought the (only) accusation was of paternity; I wasn't expecting a murder! Yikes.

It raises some interesting possibilities. If Clark is taken into custody, that pretty much puts Superman out of commission. What will he do? Will Clark go into hiding? Turn himself in? Use Superman as an alibi? Try to get Lois to help him? I'm *hoping* he tells Lois his secret, but I have no idea if he will or not. And what about Lana? (All rhetorical questions, not requests for spoilers.)

I half expected Lana to be lying about being pregnant. Now that I know she really is with child, I'm even more concerned about her whereabouts and her mental state of mind.

You have definitely got me hooked on this story. I cannot wait to read more. Soon, please! wave
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/18/12 03:45 AM
Wow! Lots of lovely FDK!

Mouserocks

And Clark has *no* alibi whatsoever.
Exactly. laugh

Kate Glad you like the beginning. Clark's in a bit of a mess, but, oh well. laugh

2A2TV

Clark is stupid! He should have went to Lois's as Clark and talked with her. Not as Superman.
It's a lot easier for Superman to 'drop in' at 11pm than it is for Clark. Superman can say he was patrolling and saw her light on. For Clark, it could be seen as stalking.

As for Lois and Lana ... evil

Morgana Yep, poor Mayson. I sacrificed her for the good of my plot.

Laura

I see Lois doesn't seem to have a crush on Superman in this.
This is a couple of months into S2 - Lois has already asked Superman if there were any chance of them being in a relationship. He said there wasn't. Now, they're on a friendship footing.

Pat LOL about the ditch. As for the happy ending, this could be the first story I've ever written without a happy ending. Or maybe not. We'll see.

HappyGirl That sounds like you are accusing me of something, Happy! wink

Patrick Lots of interesting speculation there, Patrick.

Elizabeth Uhhmm, an alibi would be handy.

As for the posting schedule, I'm hoping for at least two parts a week until I have the story completely finished. Then, perhaps I'll try for three parts a week.

Lonnie Loved your comment. I fixed Clark's 'living with crazy Lana' problem in one part. cool

LJK Nice speculation. That's all I can say.

Mel To avoid spoilers, I'm simply going to thank you for your comments. laugh

Sydney I'll keep the wait as short as possible.

Terry Wow! Your theory is eek Very clever.

As for Mayson's position - yes, she's on the stairs inside Clark's apartment. More to come about the case against Clark.

Sarah I don't think it's going to be as rocky as you're imagining. But then it's easy for me to say that - I'm the writer. laugh

Lynn Perhaps all the 'oh, boy' comments are related to Lana's baby? wink

Vicki

Oh, wow, I totally did not expect that!
I admit - I enjoy pulling out a surprise occasionally. And I did laugh over the Part 1 comments expressing concern that Clark might face a paternity test.

Your questions - which I'm not going to answer - run along very similar lines to mine when I was plotting this.

I half expected Lana to be lying about being pregnant. Now that I know she really is with child, I'm even more concerned about her whereabouts and her mental state of mind.
Yeah. I wanted the readers to know that Lana really is pregnant. I wasn't completely comfortable with Clark x-raying her, because it seemed a little out of character for him. But it was the best way I could think of to put the matter beyond doubt.

Thanks so much for your thoughts, insight and speculation.

Corrina.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/18/12 02:47 PM
Lois Lane entered her apartment, dumped her suitcase on the floor, and collapsed onto her sofa, expelling a gush of relief that she was home.
hyper

and then finished without the slightest attempt to offer a resolution or even a breath of hope for recovery.
/reads this and then
As for the happy ending, this could be the first story I've ever written without a happy ending.
hyper Dan might actually have a chance with her!

Even if her epiphany had come too late to save her from her biggest mistake.
hyper

"You had your chance to deny her claims. But you just stood there and hoped everything would magically fix itself. Just like you did with me."
He’s just not a fixer.

"I thought you were a better man than to stoop to questioning a woman's mental state," Mayson said. "I thought you'd face your responsibilities."
Huh. And just when it looked like she believed him.

She looked up and gave him a glittering smile. "Now we have the whole evening together," she said brightly.
She really needs to take her meds. But then, that’s the problem. She might not be allowed to while being pregnant.

We share secrets - things no one else knows about us."
shock

I didn't bring any extra clothes, because I'm sure there are hundreds of fashion stores in Metropolis and I know you'll want to provide for your wife.
shock She wants fashion *and* move back to Smallville? She is way beyond bat-guano crazy.

Lana had emptied his bathroom cabinet and was arranging an army of perfume bottles and makeup tubes on the shelves.
Oh boy.
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/18/12 02:49 PM
Before Clark could stop himself, he x-rayed her abdomen and saw it. *Him*. A tiny baby boy floating inside his mother's womb, oblivious to the turmoil happening around him.
Oh boy. He really can’t just drop her off a bridge somewhere now. That would be just wrong.

Then, he swished through his bedroom, clearing the Suits from the hidden compartment in his closet and depositing them in a never-used boiler room in the basement of the building.
/waits for bad things to happen.

"Not as good as when he works with you."

Her smile made another appearance, stronger this time. Its warmth permeated his heart. "I won’t tell him you said that," she said.
laugh

Or would Lois think he had been seeing Lana in secret? Had fathered a child with her? And was now trying to worm out of his obligations?
Isn’t there a credible timeline?

Everything.

I never stopped loving you. I'm Superman. I'm in trouble. I need you. Would you stand by me and help me through this? I know I'll be OK ... if you believe in me.
That’s so not going to come back and haunt him.

Lois picked up her phone but paused before dialling.

Clark.
wave Michael
Posted By: Vicki Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/19/12 02:59 PM
Michael said:
quote:
------------------------------------------------------------
"I hope you're happy together," she said, although it seemed to Clark that her good wishes crackled with scorn.

Well, that’s one way to get rid of Mayson.

<...>

quote:
It was Mayson Drake, her blonde hair streaked with rivers of red.
And that's another. hyper ) - anyway, I'm killing time re-reading and I noticed this:
Henderson nodded, but Wolfe fired a question. "Do you know the whereabouts of Clark Kent?" he said.

"No. I’ve been -" Clark stopped as sharp realisation pummelled him. "Clark?" he said.
I'm thinking that, unless he's really quick on his feet backtracking, this little Q&A pretty much rules out the possiblity of claiming Superman as Clark's alibi.

I'm looking forward to reading chapter 3...
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/22/12 06:17 PM
Michael
He’s just not a fixer.
He does OK when he's wearing tights and a cape!

Hmm…Has Lana taken the phone off the hook?
From Part 1 ...

Clark could feel himself being jammed into a figurative corner. "Lana, you should have called me. You should have told me you were coming."

"Do you have plans with someone else?"

"Not exactly."

She strode to his phone, seized the handset, and held it towards him. "Whatever your 'not exactly' plans are, you can call and cancel."

He didn't have plans - only vague notions that he really needed to speak with Mayson and a simmering question about whether calling Lois to check she was home safely would be a good idea.

"I told you," he said. "I don't have concrete plans."

She smacked the handset onto the table, leaving the phone off the hook. "Then what are we waiting for?"
I really like all the new graemlins that are appearing in FDK.

Vicki I hadn't thought about listening for a heartbeat. I did want to personalise the baby - knowing he's a boy achieved that. Also, I justified Clark's actions (to myself, anyway laugh ) by figuring he was a bit shaken by Lana's behaviour and claims.

Thanks for the idea.

So, I'm killing time waiting until 8pm (you *did* post parts 1 & 2 around 8 my time, and according to my calculations part 3 is due TODAY! )
IIRC I posted Part 2 this time last week. I intended to do a quick run-through of the entire story, but I've spent the last five days working on Part 7. wallbash Every time I tried to move on, it just became obvious that Part 7 *still* wasn't right.

I've now reached Part 9, but I want to keep going rather than stop to post Part 4. Sorry for the delay. I have my f-i-l's 75th birthday celebration tonight. I'll try to get Part 4 to you tomorrow night - about 36 hours from now.

Corrina.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/22/12 09:49 PM
It had been the most draining week of her life.
Something tells me this is going to be an even worse week for her...

Lois had spent the days caught in the web of her mother's alcohol-soaked animosity and despair.
Oh dear.

Even if her epiphany had come too late to save her from her biggest mistake.
She loves Clark! smile

"But these things happen. And now, you're going to be a daddy."
<fights urge to vomit up her dinner>

"I hope you're happy together," she said, although it seemed to Clark that her good wishes crackled with scorn.
<is VERY worried what Lois will say/do>

"Clark and I will be getting married and giving our baby a proper family."
<loses battle, throws up all over screen>

"I didn't know Lana was coming tonight."
Wrong answer, super-lunkhead!

"It's *not* my child," Clark declared.

"I don't mean that," Mayson snapped. "I mean the fact that you will never be in love with me."
I hate Mayson, but I always did feel kinda bad for her that Clark couldn't find the words to tell her this.

"Don't touch me," she cried. "Don't ever come near me again."
Erm...no problem?

She shook her head as if he were a small child who had made a silly mistake. "We are meant to be together, Clark. We have a bond - a bond that can never be broken. We share secrets - things no one else knows about us."

Secrets? Clark searched her face as icy fingers of fear slithered through his stomach. What was Lana trying to tell him?
Oh God! She *knows*!

"I've already told you what I want. And I'm here to take what is mine."
The Iron Throne? She'll take what is hers with fire and blood? (Okay, so that comment was for Darth Michael's amusement.)

"It's yours now," she chirped.
Argggggh!

"This is your only chance. You're a smart boy. Take it."
eek

"You forget that I knew you before you became a high-flying city reporter."
<Gulp!> She really *does* know.

Her smile curdled. "We both know what I'm talking about, Clark. You're not the man you pretend to me ... and I imagine you *really* don't want that - quite sensitive - information made public."
So, you're going to have her run over by a truck in the next chapter, right? jawdrop You're supposed to kill off *Lana*, not Mayson!!!!

Henderson nodded, but Wolfe fired a question. "Do you know the whereabouts of Clark Kent?" he said.
jawdrop

"We want to question Kent," he said. "If you know where he is, you should strongly advise him to give himself up."
Oops!

Wolfe nodded grimly. "As I see it, he’s about three questions away from being charged with murder."
eek I bet *Lana* did it!

Oh God, you are truly evil Corrina!
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/23/12 03:42 AM
The Iron Throne? She'll take what is hers with fire and blood? (Okay, so that comment was for Darth Michael's amusement.)
A man is amused. A man tried to remember to add fire and blood to the FDK himself. A man is grateful.

So, you're going to have her run over by a truck in the next chapter, right?
Lana's pregnant. Most authors are a tad squeamish about killing babies.

wave Michael
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/23/12 10:01 AM
A man is amused. A man tried to remember to add fire and blood to the FDK himself. A man is grateful.
A girl is happy that she was able to amuse a man.

Lana's pregnant. Most authors are a tad squeamish about killing babies.
Okay, so Lana can deliver the baby and *then* be killed off?
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/23/12 11:03 AM
Okay, so Lana can deliver the baby and *then* be killed off?
Of course. It's perfectly acceptable for Lana to die during child birth or have a crazy assassin shoot her in her hospital bed. Clark and Lois can then raise little Jack Corn as their own.

wave Michael
Posted By: Female Hawk Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/26/12 03:36 AM
DC

Um, so friends can't help and be honest with friends? Clark, you are such a lunkhead!
That, too, laugh . But mostly he's trying to live up to (or down to) his lie that he doesn't love her.

You're supposed to kill off *Lana*, not Mayson!!!!
I was? eek

But it doesn't matter because you and Michael came up with a perfect solution.

It's perfectly acceptable for Lana to die during child birth or have a crazy assassin shoot her in her hospital bed. Clark and Lois can then raise little Jack Corn as their own.
wave Corrina.
Posted By: Deadly Chakram Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/26/12 11:42 AM
But it doesn't matter because you and Michael came up with a perfect solution.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It's perfectly acceptable for Lana to die during child birth or have a crazy assassin shoot her in her hospital bed. Clark and Lois can then raise little Jack Corn as their own.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always happy to help! laugh
Posted By: Darth Michael Re: FDK - Accused (2/15) - 06/26/12 01:45 PM
wave
Michael
© Lois & Clark Fanfic Message Boards