He actually took that shuttle up to the space station himself, under his own power, no jets or anything.”
Well, he did eat a bowl of chili beans that morning for breakfast.

That was why she and Jonathan hated getting their news from LNN; everything always had a negative tilt to it.
I’m sure that’s not correct.

For instance: “Our Great Benefactor, Lex Luthor, has graciously agreed to establish a privately funded space program which will be used to develop new kinds of medical products.”

Or: “In a tragic outburst of unforeseeable violence, a group of orphans tried to crash Our Great Benefactor Lex Luthor’s car by jumping in front of it. Fortunately, Our Great Benefactor is still alive and well and has promised to take the orphan problem under advisement. It is said, that he will establish a new orphanage that will provide secure housing, education, and future employment options for boys and girls.”

And lastly: “In a nearly unprecedented display of faith, Our Great Benefactor has chosen to rise from his balcony into the heavens. He will be resurrected on the 313th day.”

LNN had changed their commentary by the afternoon, citing the Daily Planet’s article, for the basis of their switch.
Yet another reason for Lex to acquire the DP. That way, it’s can’t refute his legitimate news service with such preposterous drivel.

They might have a newspaper to fill, but they at least didn’t have to try to entertain people 24/7. Print journalists had time to verify facts before they rushed to print.
You know, I never got why LnC where in *that* much of a rush to get the news into the newsroom. Sure, there’s a deadline. But unless you’re getting close, it doesn’t really matter since they can’t beat anyone, anyway.

“Just because Smallville is out in the sticks doesn’t mean people aren’t interested in what’s going on in the world,” Joan had told her.
Tell that to Lois.

“Did you see this?” Jonathan asked,
[…]
Martha took the paper and read, “Superman Confirms Rescue of City Worker.”
goofy

“Ugh,” Lois groaned.
Lois: “I have to have sex with him for *hours*? Why would I want to do that for *hours*?”

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.