A-ha! Now we're getting to this. Sorry it's so late. Been super busy lately. Hoping I won't drown in all the madness in the near future. blush
LNN’s assumptions during the initial reports had been mostly negative. The reporters had said that the flying man had something to do with an explosion over the shuttle that was supposed to take off to the space station that morning. When he had flown off with the shuttle, they assumed he had kidnapped the colonists, until told otherwise by EPRAD. Sensationalists!
Well, what can you expect from a man who ranges from such extremes as killing himself to destroying a superhero?
“Did you see this?” Jonathan asked, breaking Martha out of her reverie and passing her the newspaper. His finger pointed to a column under the fold, next to the main article on Superman, which was taking up most of the front page.

Martha took the paper and read, “Superman Confirms Rescue of City Worker.” She set down the paper. “So, he didn’t just arrive this morning. No, I hadn’t heard that. They haven’t mentioned that on LNN.”
Hmm. So he went out about that, eh?
“No, Martha, this…” Jonathan pointed to the article again.

Her brow furrowed as she scanned the article quickly. “I don’t…”

“Written by ‘Clark Kent’,” her husband explained.
clap Best laugh of my day.
What if he really was different? What if he wasn’t as good as a human man? What if Lana had had a viable reason to complain? Maybe he should have taken hours with her.
Time for some research, Clarkie! peep
“Like Clark?” asked the artist.
Hey. Someone's catching on.
And another thing, Lois, if he really is from another planet, how could he possibly be a prime example of human evolution?”
Ooh, burn.
“What are you talking about? Why wouldn’t he want to be found?”

“What if all this frenzy isn’t what this guy expected? Maybe he’s gun-shy,” Lois suggested.
Interesting role-reversal here. Lois understanding(remembering?) more about Superman than AltClark (who has never been in the position).
“Oh, Clark. He reads my work. He remembered my name! He asked you to look after me. Don’t you see what this means?”
"He loves me, Clark. He really loves me!!"
His eyes opened wide as a horrified expression came to his face, “No!”
Oh, yes. And frankly, you encouraged it. So don't be a spoilsport.
A Mel Gibson concert? A movie premiere, yes, she could see that, but a music concert? Lois raised a brow and studied him. “You’re a weird one, Chuck.”
Hee-hee. You know, one of these days she's going to wonder at the reason why Clark is so socially inept...
“I don’t know, I thought Superman, me, Jimmy Hoffa, and the Easter Bunny might go and get something to eat,” he said with a perfect deadpan.
Sounds like the start of a bad joke. laugh "Superman, his alter ego, Hoffa and a giant invisible Easter bunny walk into a bar..."
“No!” Lois nudged him sharply with her elbow. “Get this straight right now, Clark, I am never wrong. On occasion, other people, besides myself, do tend to be right, though.”
A lesson for all men everywhere. wink
As long as he didn’t beat her out of any Superman stories, they would get along just fine.
Umm... about that...

Great chapter! Too tired to read the next chapter tonight (as I see you've already updated it) but hopefully I can get to it tomorrow. And hey! Turns out I was busy enough this week to not have to complain about the late postings anyways, so I guess that's a plus. No tomatos for you!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain