Mouserocks: Thank you. laugh

I think it worked fine without Lois and Jimmy's investigation included, but maybe that's just me.
I thought so too, which is why I cut the scene (it was only a couple of pages anyway). I'll throw it back in for the Archive version, unless anyone BEGS me to add it to Part 4.

I thought it was a funny conversation between Perry and Clark in the closet. (Is that from canon? It seems so familiar to me, but I don't remember precisely... so it probably is.)
Let's just say that conversation is closely related to what happened in canon (except the whole Perry asking Clark about his intensions, that's all new.)

In which case, I'm impressed with how you're having AltClark follow Clark's bootsteps so carefully.
Thank you. This will happen less and less the more dominos that fall.

Though I do wish he'd stuck around just a few minutes longer during Lois and Lucy's conversation... would have explained a lot. (I know what you're going to say- 'where's the fun in that, Mouse?' And then you'll give me an evil grin and I'll have to concede and say how true you are and that I appreciate the evilness, but it's not so fun when I'm reading it, and you'll say something else about how much more evilness you have planned, and I'll be stuck going in horror and excitement. That about wrap it up? )
Yep. Now, I have nothing more to add, since you channeled my voice so perfectly. wink clap (See my comments to Ken).

Phew. Anywhosit. Great chapter, and can't wait for the 2nd(3rd)!
Thank you. blush Glad you're enjoying my little romp.

VirginiaR.
"On the long road, take small steps." -- Jor-el, "The Foundling"
---
"clearly there is a lack of understanding between those two... he speaks Lunkheadanian and she Stubbornanian" -- chelo.