I know, I know. I didn't review the last chapter. I didn't have time (still very limited). But then it... you... this... and I read... GAH! I had to get this out. My apologies.
Dan. She didn’t know what to think of Dan Scardino. He obviously didn’t trust her. She knew that discretion was an essential part of his job, but if he thought she was the type of person to blab everything she heard from her ‘boyfriend’ on the front page the Daily Planet… well, he really didn’t know her at all.
Trust issues are a biggie with Lois' relationships. None seem to escape it.
Truth be told, the one person she wanted to call on the phone at this moment and talk to… wasn’t Dan. It was her best friend; not Mayson, but a man who didn’t have a telephone… well, not one that Lois could access anymore than she could Mayson’s.
Good point. Like how Mayson's been usurped by Clark in that category.
344 Clinton Street. It wasn’t that far away. Actually, from her dreams, she knew exactly where Clark lived; she hadn’t needed to do the drive-by she had done on her way home from her stake-out on Scardino earlier. She knew she had never walked down Clinton before, even though it was nearby. Even if she did almost daily, or nightly, now in her dreams.
dance So clever! So will she just become psychic?
Superman. Superman had saved her life. Superman had saved the life of everyone. And he didn’t even exist.
The power of positive thinking.
Lois, she heard a male voice call her name. She turned and looked around the newsroom. There wasn’t anyone close by. That was strange.
[...]
Lois.

“Clark,” Lois whispered, again searching for him, her blood rushing with anticipation. But he wasn’t there.
[Linked Image] He's trying to tell her! He is real! He needs you to save him, Lois!
Lois waved her hands through the air. “Kiss me!”
That's it. [Linked Image]
“No,” Dan replied.
rotflol Love this ribbing.
“Lois Lane and Dan Scardino finally kissed. Who had this weekend in the pool?”
Ralph: Yes! [Linked Image]
Lex had never lost control. Ever. Even when Miranda had sprayed him with Revenge, Lex had stayed in control.
He prefers to pinch hit for the other team...?
That didn’t make sense, and she thought about that again. She hadn’t dreamed about that incident either. She dropped her head into her hands. What was wrong with her? She was having memories of imaginary men from her dreams and yet the memories were of dreams she couldn’t remember. The memories were there, somewhere in her head, but they were being elusive.
Hmm. Why indeed? [Linked Image]
That couldn’t be right. Yet, there it was! Located between Wichita and Topeka.

Smallville.
Mwah-ha-ha! devil Just to make Lois' already life confusing life that much more devilishly complicated...
Her top box was empty.
The advantage of shopping at bulk stores such as CostMart. wink
There sitting on top of her second box of Double Fudge Crunch bars was a piece of notebook paper.
Aha! She's found it!
She tossed it onto her desk and pulled out a candy bar.
/waits patiently for Lois to get her priorities straight/
Lois tore open the candy bar with her teeth, spit out the tab, and stuck the chocolaty goodness into her mouth.
Still waiting...
Her hand fell from her mouth and what remained of her candy bar dropped to the floor.
*There* we go!
At the top of the piece of notebook paper was written in her handwriting: Clark Kent is real. Research Tempus to rescue Clark from dying in the past. H. G. Wells will help you.
"SARAH! That wasn't funny!"
laugh
Yay! So great a chapter! Oh, and just because I found this and need to prove how much I love this new gremlins site... [Linked Image] Give me more, ASAP! I need to know what happens next!

Nothing spoils a good story like the arrival of an eye witness.
--Mark Twain