Oh…look! New story out there!
No statement is ever truer than when Kal-El, Prince of Krypton is forced into a marriage that he never knew about.
Kal-El and Zara? But what would the fun be with that?

But it may just be the best thing that has ever happened to him, if he only lets it be.
/nixes ‘Zara’, fills in ‘Lois’. Oh, look, suddenly the name of the Kryptonian First Lord’s no longer ‘Kaz-El’ but ‘Kal-El’.

For this story, please imagine Krypton as resembling Earth, but as being way more technologically advanced. Their society, however, is more archaic, with lords and a common class, and one Supreme Lord of the planet.
Ooooooooooh!

Prince Kal-El strolled down the worn dirt pathway, hands swinging slightly at his sides.
Oh? So, he’s out in the country-side? Or is it actually the capital, just that it looks like a technologically advanced version of a middle-ages town? Or is it actually a Shanty Town and Kal-El is looking for trouble?

The attack came without warning.
Huh.

In fact, he shouldn't have any real problem with this fight. Not against these two, at any rate.
/squints eyes/

"End simulation."
Aaaaaahhhh…

All three of the men looked up to see the Supreme Lord of Krypton, their father, Jor-El. He was watching them intently, but no expression showed on his face.
/Is reminded of Paul’s training in Dune/

But, Kal, I need to speak with you,"
He’s getting a wiiii-fe! Or did Jor-El find out about Kal’s caregiver-habit?

As if on autopilot, he barely registered as he unlocked his private locker, gathered his things, and headed into the shower.
confused Where’s the steam-room with the appropriately undressed caregivers? Where’s the luxury baths? The scented oils? The massage tables? The pallets of rich foods and fermented beverages?

A fine shadow of stubble had sprouted on his cheeks and chin; he'd get to them in the morning.
So, he’s going to be looking ruggedly handsome when he meets his wife?

"Except for tonight. I've got Nita coming tonight."
Jep. Jai certainly sounds like it’s short for Jimmy.

Kal shook his head. "Another concubine? Jai..."
razz

Within a day he was as healthy as ever and was able to come out of the quarantine that we had been forced to keep him in."
And now he’s sterile because of the illness and no longer in line for the throne, huh?

But the damage had been done. Hundreds of thousands had succumbed to the virus.
Yes. Now think, if someone had acted sooner…

Samm had always been my rival in every way. Politics, professional matters, even in dueling matches. Lesser noble or not, he had the ear of many of the Elders.
Sheeesh! That’s what ‘accidents’ are for!

Your back was against the wall, and since Ching was already bound to Zara since birth,
So, that’s how you got rid of her!

"And which am I to wed?" Kal asked in a bitter voice.
The one who’s not presently in training with the Royal School of Professional Caregiving.

"Lois," Kal said, trying the name out. It came out sounding more like a death knell than a name.
wave Michael

Join us on the #loisclark Discord server! We talk about fanfic, our favorite show, life, and more! (It’s almost like the IRC days of old again!)

I go by Michael on the Archives.