I know, I know: I'm repeating myself but this... this was incredible, Corrina! What an amazing chapter.

The two of them being so carefull not to trespass the barriers of what's ok and what's not, what the other is ready for and what he couldn't cope with just yet. Their reactions and the way they seem to be creating a bond, and a strong one. And falling, because I had my doubts about Lois, but this:

"Lois."

He said her name with such utter softness that something stupid happened to her heart. Lois put all of her concentration into stabbing multiple green beans. She shovelled them into her mouth and told herself that whatever had just happened had everything to do with her heightened emotional state and nothing to do with the man sitting next to her on a concrete floor. "You never told me what food you'd really like," she said after she'd swallowed.
Surely seems like falling to me. I didn't think the progress was going to come this fast; I thought you were going to keep us waiting a lot longer before you had them interacting in any way, but this sure is better wink and you're doing it in such a way that it doesn't feel rushed at all. It just makes sense; it works. And I'm sure there will be more than a few roadblocks along the way, but I'm sure they'll pull through:

This was no longer about making prison bearable.

This had become about preparing him for the outside world.

And getting him out.

Legally, if possible.

Or otherwise, if not.
'cause when Lois Lane's wants something, beware, world, 'cause she's bound to get it laugh

PS. So glad you chose to go with Thursday wink And regarding your fdk on part 6's fdk: boy, is Lois in for a treat when you decide to shave CK. If she's falling for the castwaway look... the mild mannered-Clark look will kill her drool

Cris