FDK!!!

Lynn Thanks! I was a bit worried about the early parts because, by necessity, there needed to be some explanation of footy - which I know will be of varying interest to the readers.

Vegemite - my theory is that if you haven't tried it before your first birthday, you probably aren't going to like it. If you liked it, you must have eclectic tastebuds!

Flinders St - yeah, it is kind of beautiful. If you look carefully, you can see a row of clocks above the steps (they tell you the time of the next train to various locations). Melbournians meet 'under the clocks at Flinders St'. I have waited there for friends and there are always others doing the same thing. (It's kind of a fun game to look for people approaching and try to 'match' them with one of the people waiting!)

The sky - it may have been touched up, but I didn't notice that it looked unrealistic. The sky can look like that.

She did NOT, however, say that the two of them were currently dating.
/ whistles innocently.

I can't see how Clark could take offense at it, since it is so accurate.
Lois didn't know it was accurate, though!

Good point re darts. Sorry if this offends, but some Aussies struggle to see darts as a sport! peep

Artemis I'm glad the pics were helpful. I decided to keep most of the explanations sparse and fill in with pictures.

Re - crossing the road. I realised when I was in North America that I *cannot* step onto a road without looking right. I would approach a road muttering 'look left, look left' and I would look left, but as my foot stepped onto the road my head would jerk right. The habit was just so ingrained, I felt ridiculously unsafe stepping onto a road unless I was carefully checking to the right even though I knew the cars were coming from the left!

BTW, you'all race the wrong way around a horse race track too!
Melbourne and Sydney go in opposite directions! You went to Sydney, so probably us Melbournians go in the 'correct' direction (anti-clockwise).

Thanks, Artemis.

DW Thanks for your FDK.

What does Lois think about Superman?
Maybe Clark will have to find a way to ask her!!

Queen of Aces

Ahhh!!! ... The Man From Snowy River ... date movie?!?!?

Flinders seems to be much more sympathetic--perhaps there's more standing in her way in the footy world?
I really didn't want angry me-against-the-world Lois, because I think she would have struggled to make it in the footy world with that attitude.

Thanks for your FDK!

Ann Thanks for you FDK. In winter here, it is pretty much footy, footy and then some more footy.

I was slightly bored by all the footy talk, but I loved the interaction between Clark and Lois,
Thanks for sticking with me through the footy talk. There's a bit more to come, but consider it setting-up for the A-plot.

SJH

I have actually seen a bunyip, thank you.
Really? Where?

I have too actually, but it was a special effect ... you know, like Superman? wink

Thanks!

Sarah

Lunkheaded Clark - he's been there one day! He will get around to asking Lois about Dan.

and "paul" brown, is that significant?
Yes, but not in the way you're thinking. I went through several first names before I settled on Paul. It has nothing to do with Lois's past, but it appealed to my sense of humour that a large man is called Paul, which AFAIK means 'little'.

Thanks, Sarah.

Thanks, everyone,

Corrina.