That's a lovely picture of the Flinders St Station. What a fantastically handsome train station building!

"Chemist?" he queried.

She thought for a moment, the prettiest little crease appearing between her eyebrows, and then she broke into a smile. "Drugstore."
Hah! In Sweden they are called "apotek"! You know the delightful Shakespearian word, "apothecary"?

He was three pages in before he found a story about a sport other than football.
I spluttered my coffee as I read this! I visited the United States in 1971, when I was just a girl, and my visit took place during the baseball season. I remember reading a newspaper where the sports section started off with six pages of baseball before any other sport was mentioned! And guess what I found on page 7? An American high jumper, Pat Matzdorf, had set a new high jumping world record and broken the old record which had been held for eight years by a guy from the Soviet Union - and this wonderful piece of patriotic American news made page seven of the sports section!!!! eek eek eek

Dan Scardino's letter was wonderful, chock full of Australian words. Thank you for the glossary, Corrina! I don't see how anyone could take offense because of it.

And there is something about Lois's parents that makes her unwilling to talk about them. Well, that is almost canon, I'd say.

I was slightly bored by all the footy talk, but I loved the interaction between Clark and Lois, and I loved seeing Clark deal with the cultural differences between the United States and Australia! clap

Ann