I'm sorry I haven't commented on your story until now, but I just wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying it. I love how you bring us into the culture of Australia, both from the viewpoint of an outsider (many of us reading this story) and a native.

I've had the good fortune to travel with Aussies, both in Europe and America, so much of the phrasing is not unfamiliar (I learned quickly not say "rooting for a team"). However, I've never been to Australia, so I'm greatly enjoying finding out more about it. We don't get much exposure to Australian movies and TV in America, so my experience is limited to "McLeod's Daughters" and "The Man from Snowy River." smile

In its early years while still trying to establish an audience, ESPN showed "Australian Rules Football." My brother and I watched it quite a bit, so I can easily picture the game and how it's played.

As for the characters, I can't say that I'm super thrilled that Lois has feelings for DAN, but there does have to be something that keeps her from falling for Clark right away (no Superman here to distract her...at least, not now). At least the object of her affection is not LEX.

I also love how generous she is in helping the new guy. American Lois was too busy trailblazing to help anyone. Flinders seems to be much more sympathetic--perhaps there's more standing in her way in the footy world?

At any rate, I look forward to more.

"Women frustrate men because they're too complicated. Men frustrate women because they're not complicated enough."